Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 2,251
Message 1 of 25

Yoga 370 won't project to wireless display

None of our Yoga 370's can project via wireless display. The display being a new Samsung UN55MU630 4K TV. The TV shows up under Wireless Displays in Windows, we can connect to the TV but the screen goes black for about 10 seconds and then disconnects. This is on Windows 10 1703 with all of the latest drivers/firmware from Lenovo system update. We've tried with firewall off, changed scaling, resolution, mirroring and extended. This works correctly on our T470 laptops so it seems something specific to the Yoga 370 hardware or drivers. Is this a known issue with these Yoga's, and if so, is there a fix?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,228
Message 2 of 25

Re: Yoga 370 won't project to wireless display

I am not an expert, but I wonder what wireless cards are in the machines.  It has been my experience that wireless display of all sorts has worked better when I had an Intel wireless card or Intel integrated chips.  Other manufacturers' cards have never worked as well for me.  I don't know why.  In this case, I would suggest that you look in the event log to see if a message is being thrown when you try to connect.  In theory, both the T470 and the Yoga 370 should work at 2160p, 24Hz.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 2,116
Message 3 of 25

These Yoga's are all Intel. Also, there is nothing in the event log indicating an issue. We have had some luck with rolling back the Bluetooth driver and manually updating the Intel 8265 Wireless LAN driver to the version 20.10.2.2 that is out for the T470's. Currently the Yoga 370 only has 20.10.1.3 for download. With this configuration, the Yoga can project to the wireless display but intermittently fails. I imagine we will just need to wait for some future driver update for this to get fixed. It would be great if someone at Lenovo could duplicate this setup. (Latest available drivers, Samsung UHD TV) We can recreate on every Yoga we have deployed and on multiple TV's.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,099
Message 4 of 25

rjplatt

Sorry for this trouble.  Can you confirm that Intel driver version 20.10.2.2 solves the problem on the Yoga 370?  I think this is what you are saying, but I just want to double-check it.  

rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 2,093
Message 5 of 25

Not entirely. With the 20.10.2.2 driver, we can connect about 2 out of 3 times. The TV screen always goes black for a good 20-30 seconds while it attempts to connect. (This happens almost instantaneously on the T470 with same drivers) I also tried updating the Bluetooth driver to the T470's 19.71.0.2 Rev.02 since I noticed the 370 only had the 19.71.0.2 Rev.01 available for download.The results were the same as they were with the rolled back 19.11.1639.649 driver. Works 2 of 3 times but with the delay.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,088
Message 6 of 25

Can you check if resolution settings are same on Yoga 370 and T470?  The 20-30 second blackscreen makes me think that there may be an incompatible resolution between the Yoga 370 and the TV.  If so, I wonder if changing the resolution on the Yoga 370 (to match the T470) can avoid the problem?

Also, just to confirm, you are connecting directly to the TV and not through some kind of wireless display adapter, correct?  If you are using some kind of wireless display adapter, please provide the details about it.

rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 2,085
Message 7 of 25

We tried many different resolutions in an attempt to resolve including the same resolution as the T470. We also tried Extend and Mirror with different resolutions with the same result. And yes, we are connecting directly to the TV.

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 2,070
Message 8 of 25

I'm having this same exact problem with my Yoga 370, with the same exact TV model (Samsung MU6300 55").  Same thing happens...  It "connects," TV screen goes black for about 10 seconds, then disconnects and the TV says no source signal.  I also happen to have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter dongle.  When I try that on the TV it connects about 50% of the time, but always eventually just randomly fails (after anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes), with no error or info.  This is extremely annoying since the whole reason I got this TV was in order to do wireless connection for presentations and meetings in my office.

All of my drivers are up to date (at least against Lenovo's versions).  Different projection modes have no effect on the connectability or stability.  The resolution is set for 1920x1080 for both my desktop monitor (through a Lenovo USB-C dock) and for the TV (when it's connected and I can see the display info).

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 2,066
Message 9 of 25

Actually, quick follow-up...  I just checked the event viewer, and I am seeing some info for both the TV and the wireless display adapter.  In both cases there are "Critical" level events.  Event ID 10111, with description of "The device [TV] Samsung 6 Series (55) (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."  The Source is listed as "DriverFramerworks-UserMode."

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,051
Message 10 of 25

We could reproduce the problems with Yoga 370 and wireless display, and currently working on a solution.  Sorry for this trouble!

Regarding the event viewer logs, is there any log that is specific to the user-mode driver crash that has more information?  Is there any *.dmp file on your PC that corresponds to the time of this event viewer log?  A .dmp file is a crash dump that might have more information.  We just want to make sure it is same issue and not some different issue. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors