Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 1,738
Message 11 of 25

Re: Yoga 370 won't project to wireless display

I'm glad you've been able to reproduce it...  Always helps when you guys can see the same problem.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be generating any dump files that I can find; if there is a way to turn on extra error reporting I can do that (but I'm not sure where that option is).  It's not blue-screening or anything, though, which is where I usually see dumps.

Anyway, interesting thing to note is that following some more careful observation, what I'm seeing is that when trying to connect directly to the TV, I don't actually get an entry in the Event Viewer when this connection crashes/fails.  When the MS Wireless Display Adapter connection fails, it pops three events for the DriverFrameworks-UserMode crash: one for the TV, one for the adapter, and one generic saying that a problem occured with one or more drivers/hosting processes (but doesn't appear to be any new info, though).  Subsequent attempts do the same thing for both (no events for direct to TV, three events for adapter).  Checking the system Reliability Monitor, I see an entry related to the driver crash with I think a little more info than the Event Viewer (pasted below, maybe there's something useful).

Also, just now, I made multiple attempts in a row to connect directly to the TV, and strangely enough, the third one actually connected for the first time ever.  The connection lasted about 30 seconds, and then failed (again, with no apparent event entry).  I haven't been able to reestablish, and most of them now aren't even giving me a black screen on the TV, just fails immediately.  Same with the adapter, actually.  EDIT: After waiting a few minutes, now I'm getting the black screen for direct to TV, and temporary connections to adapter; seems to just come and go as to how far along they gets (hard to troubleshoot when it's not consistent).

It's worth noting that last night I updated my Intel 8265 wireless drivers to 20.10.2.2 via the update package directly available from Intel, but it didn't change anything.

------------

Source
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎1/‎25/‎2018 11:26 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX64
Application Name:    WUDFHost.exe
Application Version:    10.0.16299.15
Application Timestamp:    a452226a
Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.16299.192
Fault Module Timestamp:    6dead514
Exception Offset:    0000000000090d8f
Exception Code:    c0000409
Exception Data:    000000000000000a
OS Version:    10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    1db9
Additional Information 2:    1db9596d724de19258322582aaa5ce30
Additional Information 3:    f134
Additional Information 4:    f134dacd82cf759b11be3897d3352522

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    8838a85f53e71e6ee9abb27d4a3b1065 (1849768323151761509)

pcijdavid
Paper Tape
Views: 1,695
Message 12 of 25

Which WLAN driver ,Graphic driver and BIOS version of your fail Yoga 370?
I can not see same fail symptom in my Yoga 370.....
Could you try this situation on another Yoga 370? maybe lost antenna in fail 370

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 1,676
Message 13 of 25

As noted above, I'm fully up-to-date with Lenovo's supplied BIOS (not sure the version) and graphics (22.20.16.4836) drivers. I'm currently on Intel's most recent wireless driver (20.10.2.2), rather than Lenovo's (20.10.1.3, I believe), but both give the same result.  I do assume that it is a driver issue (wireless or graphics), since others report the same behavior in machines that used to work and Lenovo has been able to reproduce the issue.  I never tried using Miracast (wireless display) on this machine before, so I have no idea what driver version might actually work (otherwise I would just roll back).

pcijdavid
Paper Tape
Views: 1,623
Message 14 of 25

Do you have try restarting your PC and the wireless display or adapter?

or you can refer MS web site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15053/windows-8-project-wireless-screen-miracast)

it is communicated between PC and TV
if one of device no response, I think wireless display can not successfully...

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 1,606
Message 15 of 25

Yes, of course I've tried restarting, every component, multiple times.  I mentioned it in one of my previous posts, even, and the Lenovo guy was able to reproduce the problem, so it's clearly not an issue of needing a reboot.  I exhausted all of Microsoft's exceptionally basic troubleshooting "guides" long before I posted here.  By all appearances there is a driver and/or hardware issue behind this problem (that others are also suffering from).

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,592
Message 16 of 25

Please check if the following driver can solve the issue.  This is version 20.30.0.7.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kcay6fy2x5z9xx/R0HWG15W.zip?dl=0

HOW TO INSTALL :
1. Logon Windows with administrator.
2. Extract ZIP file to a directory.
3. Start the "Autorun.exe".
4. Follow the instruction in the screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,575
Message 17 of 25

Another data point, FWIW.  This is with a pre-production TPY370 that was shipped with a RealTek wifi card.  That's been replaced with an Intel AC8260.  Since this is a pre-pro unit this may not mean much one way or the other.

Target TV is a Sony KDL-47W802A firmware updated today.  Previsous Pro-set driver was 19.50.1.6.  With that driver and someotherguy's 20.30.0.7 the laptop and TV "see" each other.  TV indicates  "preparing screen mirroring... please wait... connection failed."

Same TV seems to work OK with a just-received Gen 1 ThinkPad 13 which also runs an AC8260 v20.10.1.3.

Initial connection took a couple of tries and I didn't have a chance to check how stable the connection was.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 1,569
Message 18 of 25

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not sure if it helped.  At first I thought it was better because I actually got a semi-stable connection to the TV on my second try, but it crashed after about two minutes (and that's been my longest connection to date).  Since them, I'm getting actual connections with both the TV and the WiDi adapter maybe 1 out of every 10 tries, but even when it does connect it's unstable, usually crashing within 15-30 sec (but most the time just saying it's trying to connect and then failing to do so).  I spent the whole morning trying it, along with every other tweak I could think of or find suggested online, from firewall rules to DCOM permissions.

When an actual connection crashes (either TV or WiDi adapter), I get the DriverFrameworks-UserMode error indicating that both the TV and WiDi adapter "offline due to a user-mode driver crash."  I do not get this error in the event viewer when it fails to connect in the first place (with either device), but it looks like I do get another error:  "Event 10016, DistributedCOM: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I dug into this quite a bit, and the CLSID and APPID's it's pointing to are for the RuntimeBroker.  But the thing is, these RuntimeBroker errors have been occuring in apparently nearly everyone's Windows machines (even with clean installs) since Win8, and even MS knowledgebase articles says to ignore them because they don't impact performance.  I find it odd, though, that they seem to coincide with my attempts to make Miracast connections.  Therefore, I tried changing the security permissions, but every time I try to edit the permissions in their respective registry entries, it actually won't allow the change to be made (and yes, I did open regedit in administrator mode), and then Component Services won't allow changes because it says there's a problem with the registry security settings.  So it's basically a big circle of telling me I need to changing things but not letting me do it.

Also, there are some newer events popping up with this driver.  Basically, I'm getting a bunch of "Event 7023, Netwtw06" Information entries, with a General explanation of "7077 - Intel proprietary."  I'm guessing this is some are just some kind of log entry for the developers?  They're just info entries, not errors.

grassman77
Punch Card
Views: 1,537
Message 19 of 25

By the way, I'm not 100% certain, but there may be a problem with that driver (20.30.0.7).  I installed it yesterday (Tuesday), and since then every time I wake my computer up from sleep (twice today), the wifi does not initialize until I completely reboot.  It doesn't show any available networks or anything, like the driver just installed even there.  Running the troubleshooter doesn't help (doesn't even seen to recognize that there's a wireless network adapter), disabling-reenabling doesn't work, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling doesn't work.  I just went and completely removed the driver and software from my machine and rolled back to the previous version; I won't know until tomorrow if this fixes the situation (unless I have time tonight to test it), but since this "new" driver didn't fix the Miracast problem, there's no reason to hold onto it anyway.

pcijdavid
Paper Tape
Views: 1,523
Message 20 of 25

BIOS version check =>

(1)Win key + R 

(2) Type "msinfo32" in  Run

(3) system will pop-up system information

(4) It will show BIOS  Version/Date in System information

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals