Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acurran29
What's DOS?
Views: 424
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 460 Won't boot

My Yoga 460 won't boot.  It crashed while I was backing it up to a USB drive.  It froze and then upon reboot, it just keeps looping.  I tried creating a boot USB from this website and tell it to boot to it, but it keep looping.  I tried all of the USB inputs.  Then I tried creating a BIOS update bootable CD and the same thing happens.  It just keeps looping.   I ran the hardward diagnostics and everything is coming up o.k.  I would ideally like to repair the OS without wiping the whole thing, but it looks like I can't even get it to boot to an external device.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  It would be much appreciated!  This machine is just over a year old. Of course the warranty is out. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 378
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 460 Won't boot

"but it keep looping"

Where?  Loading the OS?  On the Lenovo screen?  Can you boot into the BIOS?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
acurran29
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 3 of 4

I can only boot to the BIOS. Tried booting to CD and USB both with Window restore boot files and it goes into loop with the windows square and dots and then restarts. The USB looks like it's going to boot but then it appears to go to sleep. I took the drive out of the laptop and I can see it with a USB cable, but I can't access it. If I could at least access the drive to get the files off that would help. I can buy another hard drive--if it is indeed bad.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 353
Message 4 of 4

In the BIOS, turn off secure boot (under security) and change to legacy first (under startup/boot)  See if you can now boot from USB

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors