Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnous927
Punch Card
Views: 1,002
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 460's trackpad & trackpoint suddenly no response

Hello everyone! 

Recently I found that the trackpad and trackpoint would suddenly lose response. The cursor is gone; pressing any button---nothing. But I could still use the touchscreen to navigate and the Windows 10 doesn't freeze. 

It happens out of the blue. It has happened two times in 2 or 3 days. Those times I was using my computer broswing the web, unlike others having this issue from waking up.

I updated the mouse driver but this issue is still not resolved. 

Do anyone has similiar issue? I would really appreciate any help!

Have a good daySmiley Happy

maggotfinger1
Paper Tape
Views: 939
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 460's trackpad & trackpoint suddenly no response

Hi hnous!

It just happend to me too. I was scrolling (2 finger trackpad gesture) in a browser and suddenly no response for trackpad and trackpoint inputs. Restarting isnt helping.

@hnous927 wrote:

It happens out of the blue. It has happened two times in 2 or 3 days. Those times I was using my computer broswing the web, unlike others having this issue from waking up.

So you if you say that this happened 2 times, you were able to get your trackpad working again?

If anybody has a solution, it would be very helpful :/

Greetings.

Guru
Views: 933
Message 3 of 7

Hi.

I don't have that machine model but what it cames to my mind is that it will be interesting if you can:

1) Publish your Thinkpad full model number

2) Check the latest mouse driver on the Lenovo Yoga 460 support site.  According to the site is the "Elan pointing device for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga14, Yo..."  version 11.21.2.2.

Check if you have the Elan pointing device, sometimes according to the model it can be Synaptics, Elan or Alps. 

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

hnous927
Punch Card
Views: 926
Message 4 of 7

Dear maggotfinger1,

I almost forgot about this post. It never happens to me again. I didn't do anything to fix it. I hope you won't encounter this problem againSmiley Happy

maggotfinger1
Paper Tape
Views: 915
Message 5 of 7

@martiniturbide wrote:

Hi.

I don't have that machine model but what it cames to my mind is that it will be interesting if you can:

1) Publish your Thinkpad full model number

2) Check the latest mouse driver on the Lenovo Yoga 460 support site.  According to the site is the "Elan pointing device for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga14, Yo..."  version 11.21.2.2.

Check if you have the Elan pointing device, sometimes according to the model it can be Synaptics, Elan or Alps. 

Regards

Hey martiniturbide!

Thanks for your quick response!

1) the full modell number is: 20ELS03U00

2) the current version of the elan driver is even: 11.21.6.2

Where exactly can i check which pointing device is build inside my yoga version?

Greetings Smiley Happy

maggotfinger1
Paper Tape
Views: 913
Message 6 of 7

@hnous927 wrote:

Dear maggotfinger1,

I almost forgot about this post. It never happens to me again. I didn't do anything to fix it. I hope you won't encounter this problem againSmiley Happy

Hi! well that sounds good! Smiley Happy alltough a bit awkward... the reinstallation of the elan driver helped yesterday but unfortunatelly it happend right now again...

ChrisAUT
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Yoga 460.

Sometimes it works, then suddenly stops working.

I found a video on youtube from an other thinkpad with the same problem (here).

He just unplugged/plugged the wire.

I decided to do the same (Its pretty easy thanks to the Lenovo Repair Guide (here) Page 67 and above ) and now it works again.

Edit: The connector for the trackpad is next to the battery and a little tricky to replug.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors