cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlotu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 471
Message 1 of 3

Yoga S1 Trackpad still stops working after waking from sleep/hibernate with latest driver 19.0.17.2

This has been a problem that I've been having since the original trackpad driver Lenovo put out when Windows 10 was officially released.  I've seen other people mention they have the same problem, but there's still no solution. 

Problem: 

After the Yoga S1 goes to sleep or hibernates, the trackpad doesn't work.  The cursor doesn't show up on the screen until I move the TrackPoint or if I have an external mouse connected.  The only thing thing functional is the trackpoint and physically pushing the trackpad for right and left click.  Gestures, tap to click, etc. do not work.  The problem has been consistent with every driver version up to and including the latest 19.0.17.2 that Lenovo put out on 9/7.  

The only way to get the trackpad working again is to uninstall the synaptics driver, reboot, reinstall driver, reboot again.  Probem returns after waking up the computer after going to sleep or hibernate.  

I'm forced to use driver version 19.0.19.1 directly from synaptics.  The trackpad works perfectly, but the right and middle buttons (at the top of the trackpad) for the trackpoint do not work since it's just a generic driver.  

Lenovo has put out at least two new drivers since this problem has popped up  and others have complained about it on this forum and still hasn't been fixed.   

Will898
Fanfold Paper
Views: 232
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga S1 Trackpad still stops working after waking from sleep with latest driver 19.3.4.202

Same problem  even with latest driver as of March 2018.  Bios updated to latest version.  Windows 10.

had the MB changed twice.  Lenovo will be replacing trackpoing/track pad.  So frustrating.

Will898
Fanfold Paper
Views: 227
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga S1 Trackpad still stops working after waking from sleep with latest driver 19.3.4.202

IT is embarrassing when presenting at a large tech conference and the machine does this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors