Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-19-2015

Poland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga S1 Windows 8.1 Activation Disabled and poor (or no support from Lenovo at all).

2015-01-27, 9:08 AM

Dear Lenovo Friends,

I've purchased Thinkpad Yoga S1 with Windows 8.1 onboard.

I've had an OS problem that leaded me to order Recovery DVDs via Lenovo Thinkpad Support in Poland (thanks, got disc set in 7 days).

After reinstallation the WIndows 8.1 OS keeps saying my licence code embedded into BIOS is invalid and I can no longer activate the system. See the event log for sample try and fail on activation my system, please.

----------------------------------

Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP" Guid="{E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156}" EventSourceName="Software Protection Platform Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">1017</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-09T20:02:04.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1866</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>n316-pc04</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>0xC004F069</Data>

<Data>9D6TC</Data>

<Data>?</Data>

<Data>?</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

---------------------------------- 

I've contacted the Lenovo Support in Poland and they tend to tell that this is because Microsoft has invalidated my codes for unknown reason. Contacting Microsoft they told me that it its vendor's (Lenovo) problem and they are not responsible - shall I obtain new licence key from Lenovo. The Polish Thinkpad support is working on the problem since January the 9th, with no success.
The Windows grace period is already over and I cannot use my ultrabook now without activating the licence.
Is this the famous Thinkpad support quality? I already own 4 Thinkpads and sorry gyus but I'm considering swithing to some other vendor.

When I called them, the solution provided by the Thinkpad support was... "would you please reainstall the OS once more to get another grace period?" I was thinking it was a kind of joke, but it wasn't... Asking for the responsibility of the Lenovo for the Windows OS they provided I was told that Lenovo is not responsible and I was given the advice to buy the hardware with no OS next time, have box licence from Microsoft separatelly.

I'm really disappointed. This is my last Thinkpad I believe. It seems even having the warranty it is not enoug to get support from Lenovo - I'm on my own...

Regards,

P.

Answer
Options

9 Posts

01-19-2015

Poland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

Re: Yoga S1 Windows 8.1 Activation Disabled and poor (or no support from Lenovo at all).

2015-02-10, 18:43 PM

Solved!

Finally I've got another DVD recovery set from Lenovo. Now it works. Seems that the first DVD set was invalid :(.

Regards,

P.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

9 Posts

01-19-2015

Poland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga S1 Windows 8.1 Activation Disabled and poor (or no support from Lenovo at all).

2015-02-10, 18:43 PM

Solved!

Finally I've got another DVD recovery set from Lenovo. Now it works. Seems that the first DVD set was invalid :(.

Regards,

P.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms