Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 15 (2,944 Views)

Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid is closed

Hello,

My Thinkpad Yoga is connected to a large display through ThenkPad docking station.  Its lid is closed.   During my work, from time to time I see random touch clicks on my screen, and random opening of menus.  It is clear that the touch screen is active although the lid is closed.  When I open the lid, and still connected just to the 2nd display (large screen) display the phenomena stops.  Worth noting is that although only the 2nd display shows an image, the laptop touch screen is still sensetive to touch.  This is I guess why the random touches show up on the screen -- it feels the keyboard not fingers.

I expect the touch screen to be disabled while the lid is closed or when projecting only to the 2nd screen.  The solution of opening the lid while connected to the docking station is not acceptable.  Lenovo's local support suggestion to disable touch for the Yoga is also not acceptable -- people purchase Yoga to get Touch.  

A solution please!

Yaron

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 15 (2,883 Views)

Re: Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid is closed

I am experiencing the very same thing.
A driver/BIOS update would be very much appreciated, dear Lenovo.

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 15 (2,876 Views)

We heard about many customers that complain about the problem. But Lenovo is silent about this. I would appreciate a fix date.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 4 of 15 (2,861 Views)

Have the exact same problem, super weird, looking for an answer
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 15 (2,817 Views)

It would be great if more people, that are experiencing this problem, chimed in.

That way, to me it seems, a fix/patch would come along much sooner :-)

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 15 (2,726 Views)

I have a Yoga 2 Pro and have the same issue.  Want to keep the lid closed while plugged into a Plugable, but can't because of all the random touchscreen events firing.

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 15 (2,670 Views)

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 15 (2,437 Views)

I'm very dissapointed, that this is still not resolved.

I have been following this, and similar threads for a few months now, without any solution.

This is a major annoyance for anyone working on OneLink Dock (I mean, the whole point of me, buying the OneLink Pro Dock, was to be able to work with the lid closed)

I've already tried updating virtually everything, and experimented with various settings without success.

Lenovo?

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 15 (2,388 Views)

Any news here? I just bought a OneLink Dock Pro, and I realized that I couldn't work with lid closed, becasue of this issue, but I don't want to work with lid open, since I already have 2x22'' LCD external monitor connected to the dock.

Since I didn't find any answer from lenovo, I (partially) solved the problem using a trick:since I don't use touch screen very much I went to the device manager and disabled the touch screen device (HID Compliant touch screen, device instance HID\VID_04F3&PID_0254&COL01\6&1027ABC9&0&0000).

Now I would like a way to enable/disable touch screen automatically on lid close/open, maybe catching the event and managing the hardware automatically...

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 15 (2,382 Views)

Update: I had to diable also HID-Compliant digitizer and HID-Compliant pen in order to avoid random clicks.

Hope this helps...

Lenovo, please a fix for these issues!!!!

Top kudoed Authors