cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewahner
Paper Tape
Views: 3,052
Message 1 of 9

Yoga won't boot. Red light comes on for 4 seconds no blink.

I had previously hooked this up to my big screen via the hdmi.  The next morning I went to turn it on and got nothing.  Holding the power button down with power plugged in, not plugged in any combination for 1 - 120 seconds produces the same exact result.  The little light on the " i " lights up for exactly 4 seconds and then nothing.  I have tried a different power cord and get the exact same result.  I have tried using the emergency reset with a needle on the back of the device...same result.

Any help would be great.

thinkpadfreak
Token Ring
Views: 3,001
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga won't boot. Red light comes on for 4 seconds no blink.

Can you clarify when you say it "lights up for exactly 4 seconds", is it a solid light or a blinking light?

ewahner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,986
Message 3 of 9

Says it right in the title "no blink", meaning it's a solid red light that stays on for 4 seconds. I guess you could call that a blink...a 4 second on then off blink but it doesn't sound like a blink to me.
ewahner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,950
Message 4 of 9

Just got off the phone with Lenovo after hitting about 10 menus.  Because I wasted a month on the forums trying to figure out what's wrong with my thousand dollar + laptop they refuse to help me.  I have never had a company refuse to help me because I am 20 days out of warranty.  That is the worst customer service.  Safe to say that I don't care if there next product has the ability to cure cancer I will not buy it.  These big corporations could care less about keeping the customers they have.  So now I have to Depot this peice of crap, which will probably end up costing me more than the laptop itself.  I think I will jus go throw it out on the interstate and watch big trucks run it over.

dennisfisher
Paper Tape
Views: 2,943
Message 5 of 9

I had the same symptoms.

They had to replace the main board.

arifudinachmad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,867
Message 6 of 9

Dennisfisher,
Did you bring it to service center? what was the actual problem (which part is broken)?
LenovoRocket
Paper Tape
Views: 2,790
Message 7 of 9

I am having this same issure. It happend this morning. What did you end up doing to fix the issue?

arifudinachmad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,780
Message 8 of 9

Yes. Now it is fixed perfectly.
I sent it to repair center.
They sent me back with a note, but it was in japanese. From my poor
translation, I guess they flash its BIOS.

c0love
What's DOS?
Views: 308
Message 9 of 9

Just updating this old thread with the fix for me. Unplug the power supply. Open up the laptop by removing the screws off the bottom. There are clips on the front edge that you need to pop out before completely removing the bottom. I unplugged the laptop battery and the CMOS battery. Held down the power button for a minute to ensure it is fully discharged. I plugged in the power supply to verify that it would boot. It did, so I shut it back down and plugged the batter and cmos back in. I had reset the date and time on first boot and it worked fine after that. If it happens again I may replacethe CMOS battery.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors