Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beachwriter
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 1 of 3

battery draining too quickly on new ThinkPad Yoga 12

The main reason I bought the Yoga 12 is the claim that its battery will go for hours and hours on one charge. This machine is only a couple of months old and the battery drains from 100% to nothing in just a couple of hours. 

I'm not doing anything battery-intensive. Using WordPerfect for work, Chrome browser for email and internet. Not downloading anything. 

I would love a suggestion to fix this. Thanks.

Guru
Views: 295
Message 2 of 3

Re: battery draining too quickly on new ThinkPad Yoga 12

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I will like to recommend you install some driver and some Lenovo utilities to check the status of you battery.

Here are my General Tips: 

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

After that, and some restarts, check on "Lenovo Settings" battery status just in case it reports something. (Check my screenshot attached... sorry it is in spanish)

Check also some of the other battery options on Lenovo Settings, maybe some of those may help your.

Sorry that it is a bit of "trial and error" but let's hope it can give you some hint with your issue.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

beachwriter
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 3 of 3

Re: battery draining too quickly on new ThinkPad Yoga 12

Martin, thank you for the recommendations. I did each step you recommend, including the downloads, updates and re-starts. Now the battery drains even faster! It's really a pain. It went from 85% power to 7% in less than 2 hours. Can you suggest something else? 

This is under warranty until November. Should I request another battery? But when I check the battery health, it says it's good.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors