cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnj
Punch Card
Views: 748
Message 1 of 4

how to fix thinkpad yoga 14 squeaking problem?

Hi I just bought a brand new Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20DM009GUS) and found the left corner squeaks a lot. I am hesitating whether I should return it or ask for a replacement. Could you let me know whether your TPY 14 has the same problem? If this is a common problem, it would be useless to ask for a replacement. Also, do you have any good method to fix the problem? Thank you for the help!

Guru
Views: 685
Message 2 of 4

Re: how to fix thinkpad yoga 14 squeaking problem?

Hi cnj

I have a Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20DM008UUS). But i don't have any squeaking. Where is it on the left corner, next to the hinge? Does it make that noise when you close it, change it to tablet mode or tent mode?

Of you mean the plastic?  If I press (with medium force) the right corner on the Thinkpad logo, next to the power button, at that point I get some light squeaking for making some preassuare of the plastic. Is that one? I didn't notice it since you make it preassure that place harder, I don't hear that on normal Thinkpad operation and typing.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

cnj
Punch Card
Views: 678
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Martin.  It's from the edge near the palm rest area. But that's ok now because I am getting used to it.

karinm
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 4 of 4

I recommend not ignoring it, though I have no further useful advice. Mine starting creaking about 6 months into its life, and three weeks after warranty ended it completely froze and started ripping the screen. Then ensued a horrific interaction with Lenovo (who did eventually repair it as though under warranty -- but a confusing and imminently frustrating experience with them -- beware). The new hinge is already making a small stiff sound so I am bracing for more of the same.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors