Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NinoMV
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 1 of 5

lenovo thinkpad yoga 12

Hello all,

I have a 2015 yoga thinkpad 12 with 500GB HDD and the 16GB SSD m.2.
I just reinstalled Windows 10 version 1809 onto the Hard Drive. 

Can someone tell me what I need to place on the 16 GB SSD?   What is the function of the 16GB SSD? 

Presently it's empty.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 634
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo thinkpad yoga 12

Hello and welcome,

That SSD is used as a cache for the main drive.  You need to install express cache software.  Don't know if running the cleanup utility is required, but linked below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-YOGA-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKP...

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-YOGA-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKP...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

NinoMV
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 3 of 5

Thank you the Driver software downloaded and installed on the Yoga 12.

Is there a way to varify that the SSD is now working?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 580
Message 4 of 5

@NinoMV wrote:

Thank you the Driver software downloaded and installed on the Yoga 12.

Is there a way to varify that the SSD is now working?

Try "eccmd.exe -info" (without the quotes) at a command prompt with administrative privileges.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

NinoMV
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 5 of 5

Than you.

I will check it out this evening .

what will be displayed on the screen?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors