Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NinoMV
Not applicable
Views: 729
Message 1 of 5

lenovo thinkpad yoga 12

Hello all,

I have a 2015 yoga thinkpad 12 with 500GB HDD and the 16GB SSD m.2.
I just reinstalled Windows 10 version 1809 onto the Hard Drive. 

Can someone tell me what I need to place on the 16 GB SSD?   What is the function of the 16GB SSD? 

Presently it's empty.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 715
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo thinkpad yoga 12

Hello and welcome,

That SSD is used as a cache for the main drive.  You need to install express cache software.  Don't know if running the cleanup utility is required, but linked below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-YOGA-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKP...

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-YOGA-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKP...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
NinoMV
Not applicable
Views: 664
Message 3 of 5

Thank you the Driver software downloaded and installed on the Yoga 12.

Is there a way to varify that the SSD is now working?

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 661
Message 4 of 5

@NinoMV wrote:

Thank you the Driver software downloaded and installed on the Yoga 12.

Is there a way to varify that the SSD is now working?

Try "eccmd.exe -info" (without the quotes) at a command prompt with administrative privileges.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

NinoMV
Not applicable
Views: 653
Message 5 of 5

Than you.

I will check it out this evening .

what will be displayed on the screen?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors