cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psycho73
Punch Card
Views: 1,587
Message 1 of 6

thinkpad yoga 260 wake up from sleep problem (UPDATE)

I am still fighting with "260 will not wake up from sleep problem" described in my post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/ThinkPad-Yoga-260-cannot-wake-up-from-s...

I tried everything, fresh restore (5 times), boot from linux live, the laptop can't manage correct sleep, hybernation and even a simple shutdown. I can only switch on and off by pressing power button for more than 10 seconds. I tried to update the bios (from the lenovo website or from a bootable ISO) but it does just half of the job, when it tries to restart do finalize the process it goes again in a frozen state and can only restart by pressing power button for long time.

Ok my laptop is out of warranty, but this has been clearly caused by a lenovo update, before that the lapotp was performing perfectly. There are several people with thinkpad reporting the same problem, lot of them with my same 260. The last one IDENTICAL problem 4 days ago:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-260-Does-not-wake-up/m-p/3930549

This is unacceptable, I went to a lenovo assistance and they asked me 750euros to change the motherboard. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LENOVO.

I would like to hear an opinion from a Lenovo operator reading this forum, if any.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,554
Message 2 of 6

Re: thinkpad yoga 260 wake up from sleep problem (UPDATE)

It sounds like some device is not shutting off completely.  Look in the event log.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Pocket_Rat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,509
Message 3 of 6

I've been having this issue for a while too, though I have a Yoga first gen (20CD). I had a heck of a time just doing a factory restore (wouldn't let me reinstall the OS, because the HD partition wasn't MBR), but I did that last night, and the problem seems to be gone so far. Time will tell if it's still an issue. I remember having this problem after having my X61 for a few years, as well.

I question if this might not be a problem for all aging laptops. But the one I have now is 3 years old I believe. Shouldn't be old enough to stop functioning properly!

psycho73
Punch Card
Views: 1,469
Message 4 of 6

It happened to me after 1.5 years. And was definitely after an un update forced by windows/lenovo. This is simply unacceptable, I tried EVERYTHING since december an lenovo keeps on ignoring tens of identical cases.

I am now trying to install earliest windows 10 versions (on external HD to avoid compromising the SSD structure). Upon installation the power management section is missing, it only comes upond driver download. I think it has to do with "LenovoPM system device" which is replacing the standard intel device.

Please help.

ttosssitt
Paper Tape
Views: 1,283
Message 5 of 6

I have the same issue. Did you get any resolution?

My yoga 260 does not update the BIOS using vantage either.
probenik
Punch Card
Views: 945
Message 6 of 6

Hello!

I have the same issue with my TP Yoga 260 (20FDCTO1WW)...

Around 4 months ago Lenovo Vantage ask me to update BIOS. - ok (I fully trusted Lenovo before...)
Totaly perfect work before updating! But after update I can see black screen with:
"0183 bad crc of security settings in efi variable"
So, I have to open BIOS Setup and see:
UEFI BIOS VERSION: N1GET82W (1.61)
Embedded Controller Version: N1GHT50W (1.27)
ME Firmware Version: 11.8.50.3425

After use F9 (Default) + F10 (Save and Exit) - reboot - windows - fine...
Check the system - everything fine before shutting down)))
After shutting down - sleep mode... blinking leds (green + red)... hard reset with power button... And no more any Intel Management Engine Interface in device manager...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X260/TP-Yoga-260-Неудачное-обновление-BIOS/td-p/4054272

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors