Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-08-2014

italy

6 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

thinkpad yoga - limited connection - intel 7260AC (with solution that worked for me)

2014-02-08, 13:44 PM

limited connection issue

i'm new to the forum, sorry for bad english

i've a brand new rhinkpad yoga, with win 8.1 and intel ac 7260 wifi card

first of all the solution that worked for me is moving from WEP to WPA2 protection with the router

the problem was that i wasn't able to connect to internet using wifi

i got "limited connection" and i wasn't able to access internet at all

windows validated the connection and obtained an ip, but it wasn't then unable to access internet at all, i also wasn't able to access or ping the router.

i also got an error stating the lack of the default gateway, but this one seems to be resolved by windows check and repair procedures

my router had wep protection, and i used it with no issues with 2 android smartphones, an android tablet, a mac and a linux system, and in the past with windows 7 and vista systems.

i've searched for solution all the night and checked everything
- system and driver update (via usb thetering)
- various command to reset network configuration
- unchecking selected check box in energy saving tab inside wireless property panel

but the only one solution that worked was the move from WEP to WPA2

hope this helps

my first post, be patient...

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: thinkpad yoga - limited connection - intel 7260AC (with solution that worked for me)

2014-02-08, 17:46 PM

From what I gathered, about the Y2P Limited Wifi issue, this problem is solved by configurating a router to meet the computer needs. Once done, to fully implement this fix, it is adviced  that you carry this configured router and use it every where you go, like a power cord. When you go to Statbuck in the monrining, be sure they hook up your router and return it when you leave. Alternitively, this can be done at other venues like the airport, hotel, school, work, etc. 

I really don't know why people keep wasteing their time. Lenovo has chimed in and said this is a router issue. That said, the aformentioned advice is a formulated fix.  Shall we put an end to thiese topics and get the forum moving again past the wifi issues? Like said many times, this issue has been fixed using the above reccomendation.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms