Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolf7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 31,027
Message 1 of 18

thinkpad yoga touchpad right click does not work

Hey guys,

today I've got my new Thinkpad Yoga and it's really nice but I don't know if it's the driver or the touchpad it self. I can't push the right mouse button. Whether I use the double tab nor the right corner (at the top or bottom), nothing happens. left click works fine, but only if I activate the on tab option. Already tried to uninstall the driver and reinstallt the new version from the website nothing changed. And sometimes the touchpad and the trackpoint don't work at all. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64.

Thanks for your help!

lg

wolf7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,871
Message 2 of 18

Re: thinkpad yoga touchpad right click does not work

I've recognized something. Sometimes when I use a "click" function of the touchpad a small touchpad icon appears on the notification area. But you can see it only a short time. I think it is definitely a driver issue. Am I the only one?

AP0LL0N
Punch Card
Views: 30,866
Message 3 of 18

Did you notice that you can change the right-click area in the section "system\Mouse"?

There is also the option to use 2finger-click as "right-click", which I prefer..

wolf7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,862
Message 4 of 18

none of these option changes anything. Nothing works, accept scrolling, moving the mouse pointer and one finger tip.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 30,832
Message 5 of 18

try to restore the laptop to factory condition (reinstall the OS), and see whether the right click works or not. If not, then you should call Lenovo, and seek warranty service.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
wolf7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,831
Message 6 of 18

to restore the laptop I have to create a recovery usb stick or can I use the recovery partition directly? Didn't found anything in the bios or the lenovo software, except creating a recovery media.

edit: i've done the system recovery and now i can use the right click with two finger tab. Nothing else changed.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 30,792
Message 7 of 18

@wolf7,

in which case, then you should call Lenovo.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
wolf7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,753
Message 8 of 18

my problems got bigger. Now my Thinkpad Yoga shows 2 Error Codes at boot (0187 bzw. 2200) and the keyboard lighting, the touchpad and the trackpoint don't work. I'm going to call the lenovo support tomorow or is there any other solution? Allready tried factory reset again.

roustabout
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,725
Message 9 of 18

The problems with the touchpad are not unique to Lenovo, but given that Lenovo's got this hardware branded as thinkpad quality, I think they really need to work on it. 

As of now I'm literally afraid to use this for work, because the touchpad so often decides that what I want is for a tap to be read as a click.  I never, ever want a tap to be read as a click.  I never want to send an email I'm in the middle of drafting because I touched the trackpad to move the cursor, but hit it just hard enough that it was interpreted as a tap.  I never want to commit a command in a web gui or close a remote session without actually pressing down hard enough to force a click by the pad. 

Today I noticed that the right-click function on my pad was coming and going, and a driver rollback seems to have cleared it.   I had updated to the Dec driver release hoping that the driver would remember my preference for disabling tap to click.  The Dec driver is just as bad.

When I first researched this  I found numerous people asking Microsoft to address it on different platforms, and some recommendations to go download the driver from Synaptcs, etc.

Been there, done that, it did not resolve the issue. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=tap+to+click+synaptics+won't+stay+disabled

The problem is acute on the new input devices Lenovo's gone with,  though, as they no longer actually have buttons other than the integrated ones.  I think this is why there's no option to disable the trackpad in the BIOS as there is on a proper Thinkpad. 

Also, although the ultranav control panel indicates that it is capable of registering a middle click at the top center of the touchpad, I have never, ever been able to get that to happen. 

Not being able to disable the touchpad in the BIOS makes  this hardware extremely challenging  to run Linux on except in a virtual machine - it's possible that there are Linux drivers for the pad that make it more manageable, but I haven't been able to get far enough along in using the system when booted into linux to try to install them, as it's so twitchy - palm rejection doesn't work at all so I'm constantly finding the system receiving random touch commands. 

The new touch panel is nice for certain things and required for at least one.  I wish I had understood how poor this implementation was before my purchase.  I do like the ultranav better than the touchscreen or the trackpoint button for some things and if I'm going to get a middle click the only way I've been able to do it is to enable the three-finger click function, which requires the ultranav be active. 

I will have to  try to unload this on Craigslist at a loss. 

It looks as if the only option available from Lenovo with proper buttons  in a lightweight touchscreen model  is the Carbon Touch, and it looks as if the CT is the last of the line for now and possibly forever with separate buttons and touchpad.  The 240, while superior in a lot of ways has the same integrated trackpad. 

HeartStrong07
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 30,617
Message 10 of 18

Experiencing the same problem. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors