Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N4BSE
What's DOS?
Views: 7,078
Message 11 of 29

Re: twist s230u can not turn on

Hi I've owned my Twist for 2 weeks, love it, taken it on holiday with me, and now it won't turn on?

li believe I left it on and it ran out of battery, I've charged it over night, when I plug it in the green light appears. Retreading the forums people say could be a software issue. When goes completely flat, most people mention a reset button underneath I can't find it nor see it mentioned in the instructions?

any ideas guys?

cheers

N4BSE
What's DOS?
Views: 7,056
Message 12 of 29

Anyone confirm if the reset button exists?

Kormo
Paper Tape
Views: 7,046
Message 13 of 29

the reset button is a very small pinhole between the air inlets. if you looking at the bottom with the touchpad pointing are your direction left top maybe 3 centimeter next to a screw.

txtita
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,973
Message 14 of 29

Re: twist s230u can not turn on / "No battery detected" error

Kormo, thank you for reset instructions.  

I had a battery problem as well, but I kept getting a error indicating "no battery detected."  It was impossible to run a critical bios update, because it required a full battery to run the update.  A check on the "System Health" showed the battery in good condition, but Windows 8 did not recognize any battery installed.

I followed your instructions and reset the Twist s230u and the problem is now resolved.

Hopefully, if anyone else runs across the "no battery detected' error this reset will help them too.

Thanks!

lingyunlei
Paper Tape
Views: 6,929
Message 15 of 29

works for me
junedmunshi
What's DOS?
Views: 6,665
Message 16 of 29

Thanks. Worked for me after pressing reset button.
su6697
Paper Tape
Views: 6,476
Message 17 of 29

Hi,

I have the same problem that my 3-week old beloved S230u won't turn on. Power LED is on, Fan goes on, but I can not even reach BIOS.

Tried all guidelines in this thread, the reset button was of no help.

Any further ideas?

Former Administrator
Views: 6,426
Message 18 of 29

You've tried the reset button?

If you have tried all suggestions in this thread, then perhaps it is a hardware fault in your case and I would recommend you contact service.

Best regards,

Mark

su6697
Paper Tape
Views: 6,420
Message 19 of 29

Thanks Mark, I contacted service and will send the device in.

burthug
What's DOS?
Views: 6,078
Message 20 of 29

I had the same problem. I push reset button from the back of the unit and it worked last two times. Unfortunately, pressing the reset button didn't do the trick on the thrid time. I had to open the laptop and reseat the battery. Follow hardware maintenance guide how to take this apart, http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/twist_hmm_en_0b48943.pdf, After I reseat the battery, I can turn on my laptop again.  I think this model has a battery issue. When I sent out to repair shop, Computer Care from Palo Alto, they said I need to replace systemboard, keyboard, and battery for $1700. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors