Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimwspoon
What's DOS?
Views: 378
Message 1 of 1

twist s230u trackpad haywire since update to Windows 10

My trackpad and trackpoint worked fine under Windows 8.1, but since I updated to Windows 10 they have gone haywire.  The cursor moves in the opposite direction from the movement on the trackpad or trackpoint.  If I move my finger right on the trackpad, the cursor on the display moves left.  If I move my finger up, the cursor moves down.  Sometimes the cursor moves in the correct direction, but then it goes to the opposite direction after a single tap.  

I have tried two different driver versions for the Synaptics Thinkpad Ultranav driver for Windows 10 - 19.0.16.0 (driver date 7/9/2015), and 19.0.12.61 (this version is currently available for download on the Lenovo s230u driver download page).  The 19.0.12.61 is the lower version number but it is listed as dated 7/30/2015.  I have had the problem described above with both versions.  I ran "Update Driver" from Device Manager and 19.0.16.0 was installed over 19.0.12.61.  

I tried deleting the Synaptics driver altogther, and rebooted - after i reinstalled a driver the problem came back.

Has anybody else had this problem since upgrading to Windows 10?  Has anybody found a fix?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors