cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cschmitt
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 3

yoga 2 disk drive failed 9 months after repaired, now I can't get support?

My daughter's yoga 2 crashed in the summer of 2015 after buying it for christmas 2014.  After much going back and forth, lenovo fixed it in september 2015, replacing the mother board, hard drive, keyboard, plastic, and touch pad.  In June 2016 it crashed again, this time with a bad disk drive so we can't boot into windows.  Occasionally I've gotten to the windows repair options and when I've done diagnostics windows tells me that the hard drive is about to fail so it can't repair the drive, so we can't boot into windows.   My warranty ended at the end of 2015, so when I try to get support from lenovo I can't get anywhere.  However, lenovo replaced the drive only 9 months ago - it should not be bad at this point.  How can I get support on this bad part?

If I can't, can you please point me to a hard drive replacement that I can purchase?  The serial number is *************. I can do the repair myself, but I'd prefer to know that the replacement will be compatible at this point so that my daughter can actually use her computer. 

Charles

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect owner from its unwanted use.

Caroli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 216
Message 2 of 3

Re: yoga 2 disk drive failed 9 months after repaired, now I can't get support?

I think you can replace the hard drive. But you need to make sure the port is SATA or IDE.

In this way you can order the right one you need.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 173
Message 3 of 3

Re: yoga 2 disk drive failed 9 months after repaired, now I can't get support?

It looks like the original drive was ST500LT032 which is a 5mm-thick 500gb drive.  You should be able to find an exact replacement.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors