Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgogolin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,973
Message 1 of 5

yoga 260 LTE ram soldered

The LTE version of the yoga 260 is now available. I recntly tried to order one through campuspoint.de together with a RAM upgrade to 16GB. Upon trying to acctually do the upgrade the people at campuspoint.de noticed that, unlike in the non-LTE version, the RAM in the yoga 260 with LTE is actually soldered to the mainboard. 

My questions are:

Is this true for all variants of the yoga 260 with LTE or is there also a variant with LTE and non-soldered ram?

Is is possible to upgrade a non-LTE yoga 260 with non-soldered RAM with LTE (antenna, SIM slot,...)?

duidalus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,933
Message 2 of 5

Re: yoga 260 LTE ram soldered

Oh man.. this is bad news Smiley Sad

I wonder if structural issues such as the pen slot cracking have been looked at since we are obviously looking at some kind of revision of the chassis/mainboard?

Highlighted
cgogolin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,893
Message 3 of 5

To clarify, the concrete model I am talking about is: yoga 260 20FD002UGE

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,881
Message 4 of 5

I have seen nothing to indicate that there is any option related to soldered RAM with or without the WWAN card.  The normal motherboard has 1 DIMM slot and ond M.2 slot for a WWAN card along with the required antenna cables.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
duidalus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,722
Message 5 of 5

Just saw the LTE version on Lenovo store too, "8GB onboard" (aka soldered) and no option for 16... what a disappointment...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors