Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bra1n
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 1 of 1

T25 charging via Thunderbolt 3 and Lenovo Workstation Thunderbolt Dock

I wanted to try out connecting a T25 to the Lenovo Thunderbolt Workstation Dock, and everything works great except that the laptop won't charge via the Thunderbolt 3 port.  

I have the laptop's Thunderbolt 3 port connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port on the back of the docking station, but the laptop isn't attempting to charge.  There isn't even a warning about there not being enough power to charge it via the Thunderbolt 3 port.

Also connected to the dock are 2 DP monitors, a wireless mouse receiver, a USB wired keyboard, and an Ethernet cable.  These devices all work as expected.  Both the 230W and 65W power supplies are also connected to the dock.

I have installed all available updates from Lenovo Update, as well as the TB3 firmware update posted here:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/jp/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might try to get charging to work, aside from just connecting a power supply to the laptop directly.

TIA!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals