cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 224
Message 1 of 8

Vantage and Intel Management Engine

I ran Lenovo Vantage last week and It showed there was a BIOS update and a Intel Management  1916.12.0.1263 being available.  I like to update BIOS by itself instead of everything at same time.  I unclicked the Intel Management software and updated the BIOS which went fine.  On reboot I ran Vantage but now the Intel Management software does not show up in Vantage?  Any ideas or was the software pulled from Vantage?  Its still available on the support site for download.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 195
Message 2 of 8

Re: Vantage and Intel Management Engine

Hi green5178! Thanks for posting in our community. You can also check if there is an update in our website. Please go to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eServices_&Content=201...  then enter your laptop serial number, go to drivers and software and then check for the driver. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Guru
Views: 184
Message 3 of 8

I'm not sure if you read my whole original post?  I acknowledge the software is available for download from the support site already.  I just said it disappeared from Vantage after BIOS update.

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 178
Message 4 of 8

Hello green5178, Thanks for writing back. Were you able to take note what version of IMEI was at the Vantage download page before you updated the BIOS? Because if Vantage no longer detects/suggests the IMEI update this may mean that it was only supported for the previous BIOS build. I'll wait for your update. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Guru
Views: 169
Message 5 of 8

Yes my original post states what version intel management engine software was available.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 149
Message 6 of 8

@green5178 Appearing on the support site as being optional or recommended does not need to happen at the same time it is picked up by Vantage or System Update.  This allows a more limited initial rollout and somewhat limits the damage done when a package needs to be retracted.  This doesn't answer your original question as to why it disappeared from Vantage but it answers why the support site and Vantage are not in sync

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 142
Message 7 of 8

@richk  Thank you for response.  I have noticed that Vantage is always behind which makes sense since you want a limited rollout of new software. Even with that I wait about 2 weeks after it shows up on Vantage before updating.  Its just weird that the software option dissapeared right after I updated the BIOS.  Wasnt sure if Lenovo pulled it for an issue or just one of those unexplainable things that occur.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 135
Message 8 of 8

I haven't noticed any posts about other/any issues so I would guess it would be considered a mystery of life.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals