Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-09-2008

Allentown, PA

38 Signins

508 Page Views

• Views: 508
  • Message 1 of 2

A Few T400 Questions

2008-11-09, 18:00 PM

I just joined this forum today but have used the old IBM forums in the past before purchasing a T42 several years ago. It is time to retire "old faithful" and I'm looking to purchase a T400. (The extra 10% off coupon expires tomorrow, 11/10!) Thanks to the posts on this forum the new T400 should serve me well for several years.

There are, however, a few questions I'd like to ask current owners before placing my order. Here they are:

1. What is the approximate run time using the 6-cell battery? Medium bright screen, integrated graphics, WiFi Max on, Bluetooth off, mostly Internet surfing. Just average times, I'm just trying to avoid the 9-cell battery if I can get about 4-6 hours from the 6-cell battery.

2. I dislike Vista and will be going with a Win XP downgrade but I'd really like to install the 64-Bit version of XP Pro to take advantage of extra addressable RAM. Has anyone successfully installed the 65-bit version of XP on a T400?

3. I'm also going with the AT&T Wireless WAN option with the 5350 chipset. Could any current users of this service please post their experiences, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Paul

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: A Few T400 Questions

2008-11-10, 9:01 AM

CShannon wrote:

2. I dislike Vista and will be going with a Win XP downgrade but I'd really like to install the 64-Bit version of XP Pro to take advantage of extra addressable RAM. Has anyone successfully installed the 65-bit version of XP on a T400?

Windows XP x64 isn't a supported OS on the T400, so you will be completely on your own with that.

My own experience with Windows XP x64 in the past on a number of platforms is such that I wouldn't recommended it to anyone, ever.  It has all the things that are wrong with XP plus a range of other issues all its own!

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms