Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

42 Posts

01-05-2008

Canada

94 Signins

1330 Page Views

• Views: 1330
  • Message 41 of 1236

Re: New and improved T-series shipping thread

2008-03-09, 15:55 PM

<edit to add date received information>

Canadian Order.

It appears that Canadian orders are handled differently from US orders. There is no estimated shipping information available immediately. I believe that the products are shipped to the west coast of Canada and then transshipped to the final destination. It is only during that transshipment that shipping information becomes available. I thought that the best way to give some idea of shipping times would be to document the entire process.

Configuration:
CPU: T7500 (2.20GHz, 4MB L2)
RAM: 2GB
HD: 160GB @ 7200rpm
Optical: DVD
Wifi: 4965AGN
BlueTooth: Yes
Battery: 9cell

March 3, 1:30pm. Order placed
March 3, 2:35pm. Order confirmation (1). Includes a customer number, order number and contact email address.
March 3, 7:47pm. Order confirmation (2). Includes order number only
March 3, 7:47pm. Order confirmation (3). Same as the second confirmation but with a _slightly_ different format.
March 5, 7:28pm. Wrote to contact email address in order confirmation (1) asking for shipping date and means of tracking online.
March 6, 8:08pm. Registration request. I cannot reply without the machine since it has information such as the serial number.

March 13 - sometime between 9:45am and 3:30pm -- IT'S HERE!  Was left with my next door neighbour who brought it over around 5:15pm.  First Impressions (did you know that Jane Austen originally titled "Pride and Prejudice" as "First Impressions"?) are very positive.  I thought the "funny offset" (the 'frame' on the left is a slightly different width from the 'frame' on the right) of the screen might be distracting but I don't notice it.  I've done a bit of playing around -- nothing serious -- and made some minor setting changes.  I like the feel of the keyboard but I was just sprawling on the floor in my wife's sewing/computer room (she calls it her sewing room but she uses the computer more than she uses her sewing machine or her serger <g> ) so it's probably not a fair test.  Won't be doing a lot until the weekend and then I'll copy across a bunch of data files from my current desktop machine and do some software installs. 

Message Edited by JLB on 03-13-2008 04:35 PM
Options

17 Posts

03-05-2008

Canada

111 Signins

899 Page Views

• Views: 899
  • Message 42 of 1236

2008-03-09, 19:44 PM
To Doggy:
About the coupon issue, i was confused at the beginning. But luckily, i searched the net and find some useful coupon code. That was an additional 20% off, which is a great deal. Like dell, they also hide the details of their conpon. I usually receive the dell's coupons from e-mail. So, there is no surprise for lenovo to make their coupon a little bit invisible. I really want to see what is the next sale after the current one ends on March 10th.

i remember that when i ordered a dell laptop few months ago, it took me almost 2 weeks to receive it. So, just relax, don't panic. Enjoy the snow!
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 43 of 1236

2008-03-09, 22:48 PM
JLB,

It will be interesting to see how things work out as you chronicle your experiences.   Did you note my last comment about tracking numbers are not available until the orders land and clear customs in Canada?   Perhaps I could create some announcement / advisory thread to float so that some of the common shipping Q & A can be covered and then we can just share experiences and specifics in the thread?   Do you think that would help those just joining?

Doggy,

Lenovo is an international corporation.   I expect there is some variation country to country as to the type of legal entity the company exists as.  One country is not sub-ordinate to another in terms of reporting or escalation of issues.    I've sent you a PM with regard to some of your other points.

Tuekr,

Lenovo offers price protection - if the same config is offered for sale within 21 days (and I believe Canada is offering 30 days at present) a refund or credit would be provided for the difference.   The idea is that you have already taken delivery of the system.  If you haven't, gotten the system, the cancel / rebook is typically the alternative.  When paying by credit card, Lenovo doesn't charge the card until the unit ships.   Prepay by check adds another complexity.

I'm glad you are able to keep each other posted on Coupons - there often seems to be sharing of these in the Lenovo section of Notebookreview.com as well.

Options

23 Posts

02-23-2008

Canada

31 Signins

1073 Page Views

• Views: 1073
  • Message 44 of 1236

2008-03-10, 0:00 AM
I was banned for not tolerating being bullied by some hillbilly mod or his carbon copy.

I called for the ban. I had also asked for all my posts to be removed, and they weren't.

I somehow suspect all my wishes are going to be granted now :smileyvery-happy:

Banning is the ultimate form of violence on a forum, and "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" (Isaac Asimov)

Rather befitting a mod who could delete an entire thread, isn't it?

Talking about incompetence, some recommended readings to all Canadians:
Lenovo Still Suffering From Faulty Order System, Causing Lengthy Delays
Terrible Customer Experience Uncovers Nationwide Internal Flaws at Lenovo

Message Edited by Doggy on 03-12-2008 10:43 PM
Options

1 Posts

03-10-2008

Montreal

2 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 45 of 1236

2008-03-10, 0:35 AM
Hi,   Mark

I placed an order(4240005973) of T61 yesterday and received the confirmation email today, but the reply email shows neither any detailed hardware configuration i customized for my order (i really want to confirm it ) nor order status. I can not track down the order information from lenovo's web site since the length of the order number received is not the same as the one required from the website?? so, Mark, is there any way to obtain the further information for that.

Message Edited by aquarist on 03-09-2008 05:37 PM

Message Edited by aquarist on 03-09-2008 05:55 PM
Options

42 Posts

01-05-2008

Canada

94 Signins

1330 Page Views

• Views: 1330
  • Message 46 of 1236

2008-03-10, 2:28 AM
Mark: I'm somewhat embarrassed because I must have read your message at some point but can't remember specifically when. I think you are right: this information needs to be pulled into a single location. A sticky message at the top of the shipping thread might be an idea. You could summarize by country what the shipping/tracking experience is likely to be. The problem, of course, is that in a free-wheeling environment such as this forum where there are numerous topics and threads, compiling an FAQ or posting a stickey message at the top of major threads for each (entirely legitimate) topic (shipping, ThinkPad software, etc., etc., etc.) could be a fulltime occupation in itself!

Here's my suggestion to everyone who has already posted in this thread. (Mark, if you think it's not a good idea, then feel free to edit this message as an Admin and remove this para and my suggestion.)

Everyone: I think anyone who has posted to this thread should go back and edit his/her messages so that the top line in each message shows the country (this is supposed to be a shipping thread after all) where the computer is being shipped.
Options

14 Posts

01-28-2008

Canada

136 Signins

1420 Page Views

• Views: 1420
  • Message 47 of 1236

2008-03-10, 2:35 AM
Hello Mark,
Is there any place I could have a in person chat with lenovo? the stuff that Customer Service Reps are saying just seems like it's coming out of their ass, and I really don't want to wait any further, I have been charged twice for the warranty (I originally wanted regular 4 years onsite warranty, but I wanted to upgrade it to include accidental warranty), and I have not seen my TWO of refund that I was promised more than a month ago. considering bank's slow transfer, it has been more than two weeks, and as a well known pc company, payment should be simple submitting reverse invoice.

I really cannot understand why it's taking this long, and why with all the mistakes, and I would like to meet speak with some one and want them to explain exactly what is happening. because all the answers I'm getting when I call CS is "ah..., hm.... I don't know why it's been delayed, but you should be getting it soon, it may be the bank"  They blame customs for the product delay, and they try to blame banks for the financial delay, yet they have no problem stating "if amount is not paid within 30 days of the invoice date, a 2% penalty will apply."

Does sending an invoice to lenovo help? Of course I will include the 2% thing in it.
Options

28 Posts

03-08-2008

Canada

67 Signins

1248 Page Views

• Views: 1248
  • Message 48 of 1236

2008-03-10, 18:19 PM
I ordered on Feb 29 and it shipped.

Message Edited by ObiWanShinobi on 03-10-2008 03:10 PM
Options

17 Posts

03-05-2008

Canada

111 Signins

899 Page Views

• Views: 899
  • Message 49 of 1236

2008-03-10, 18:47 PM
i just called the Lenovo 866-428-4465 checking my order status. Order was placed on Feb 28, 2008 on Lenovo Canada website. The customer rep. told me that there will be another 2 weeks before my T61 wii be SHIPPED. And i suspect that another one week or two are necessary for shipping. So, let's do the math. 2+2+2, the worst case is that there will be 6 weeks waiting time from ordering to receiving the unit.

Lenovo Canada is really digging a hole for its future funeral. Maybe at the time i receive my T61, the new centrino platform will have been announced.
Options

276 Posts

02-04-2008

Canada

536 Signins

14076 Page Views

• Views: 14076
  • Message 50 of 1236

2008-03-10, 18:55 PM
Hey Obi1...

You're probably looking at a end-build/shipping date sometime this week. Another 10 business days afterwards you ought to have your system - just depends when the computer ships from China. You may want to call Lenovo and ask for the estimated build completion time and shipping date.

aquarist
The same question was asked in a previous post. You don't get confirmation of the configuration until the computer ships. Call it a quark in the system, but that's how it works. When you order a system online, you, as did I and all others, get an automated e-mail from Lenovo confirming your order number and the providing some general contact information.

You could call Lenovo sales to confirm your configuration, but otherwise it's a waiting game until the computer is built and shipped. I've actually called Lenovo to suggest that it would be in their interest to provide a more detailed config/order confirmation and was told that many others have suggested the same and that they will take this in advisement. At this point, however, I'd be more pleased to see a streamlining of and reduction in the order/build/shipping time than being bombarded with e-mails from Lenovo telling me exactly what's going on on a daily basis.

Doggy
Will you give the man a break FGS!!! You've proven your point - Lenovo Canada's system is still lacking. Great... Quit getting on people's backs about it. Anyone who reads these boards realizes that and you don't need to keep harping on the same issues - it won't help matters, it won't speed things up. You've raised a number of points and I'm sure Mark takes those into consideration and passes this information along. Be thankful that he's willing and able to help those out in need here - probably going way out of his mandate to do so.

Sry mods, just had to get things off my chest.

Message Edited by icantux on 03-10-2008 02:58 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms