02-02-2009

FIN

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Autoconnecting with mobile broadband

2009-02-02, 15:43 PM

I'm trying to find some way to make the Ericsson F3507g "mobile broadband card" automatically connect at Windows startup.

This is needed because our organization's VPN application demands that a connection be established before Windows logon. At present our mobile user would need to first logon to Windows without a network connection, then connect the mobile broadband device, log back out and then in again to be able to see all their network resources. At the moment we are unable to use the built-in mobile broadband devices in some Lenovo T and X series laptops because of this issue.

In many external mobile broadband cards (such as cards from Option), there is a simple "autoconnect" setting in the device driver menu that automatically connects the mobile broadband as soon as possible. So a networked windows domain logon can be achieved just like when using LAN or WLAN.

Please help our overworked IT-department to find a solution to this problem?

This message concerns T500 in particular, but also X200 and X300 models

Some search strings: automatically connect autoconnect autoreconnect 3g gprs umts internal modem problem

Message Edited by autoconnect on 02-02-2009 07:44 AM
Options

13 Posts

11-30-2008

USA

27 Signins

427 Page Views

• Views: 427
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Autoconnecting with mobile broadband

2009-02-05, 5:47 AM

Hello!  Take this advice for what its worth...considering that I am not using the same connection card, and I think your using AT&T service.

I have a Sprint Merlin EX720, which is an express card, not MiniPCI and use it in "NDIS" Mode; to turn this on, there is an option in either the Current Sprint manager software, or in the Novatel Connection manager.  In this mode the card acts very much like an Ethernet type connection, instead of a RAS connection.  I like NDIS do to not needing the connection software, unless I need to auth a GPS session. also it acts very much like being connection via lan ports.

Once I fresh boot(not coming back from sleep/hibernate -- have not tested these modes) and sitting on the log in window of Vista of my T400 I can insert the card, and its light blinks for a bit then goes steedy green.  Its about the same amount of time as if i was already logged in and on the desktop and just put the card in. Also from time to time the annoying new connection box from the Connection software provided by Lenovo pops up over the vista log in.   I'm not sure how "locked" down your laptops are, however this might, at lest be a starting point for your IT guys.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms