07-21-2020

US

11 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth Capability not detected - Windows 10 - Thinkpad T430

2020-09-20, 23:30 PM

So my Bluetooth was working fine on my T430 for the past few months. Then, suddenly, today when I went on Settings to check my Bluetooth, it says Bluetooth is turned off - there is no option to turn Bluetooth off and on, and it has disappeared from Action Center. I tried a few different potential solutions to fix it, none of which have worked:

1. I used System Restore to bring my Windows 10 system back to a time when the Bluetooth was working. Nothing changed when I went into the new restore point.

2. I checked on Device Manager to see if something was wrong with the actual Bluetooth devices. The Bluetooth section on Device Manager was hidden, and when I opened it, all of the Bluetooth devices were greyed out. "Scan for hardware changes" did nothing. "Update driver" did not do anything. Under 'Device Status' when I see properties for the device, it says 'Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)'. I currently have 'Thinkpad Bluetooth 4.0' as a bluetooth device, among others. 

3. I went on Services to check the Bluetooth services and all were running automatically except one called 'Bluetooth User Support service' which would not let me run it automatically. I restarted multiple services and rebooted the laptop. Nothing worked.

4. I downloaded numerous drivers from Lenovo and tried to connect them with 'Thinkpad Bluetooth 4.0' on device manager. Nothing worked. One driver, when I ran its Setup.exe, said that it did not recognize bluetooth capability in the device. 

5. Ran System File Checker on command prompt - didn't work as well.

6. I used Windows 10 'Get Help' to diagnose the problem. It discovered the Bluetooth radio in the T430 but claimed that it was missing/in a 'phantom' state - when it tried to fix it, it came up with an error. 

One more piece of info: Before I used System Restore, when my Bluetooth had stopped working, I accidentally uninstalled the 'Thinkpad Bluetooth 4.0' driver on Device Manager. The Events log on the Properties of the Bluetooth device reflects this error.

I'm really confused about what has happened to my Bluetooth device and hoping to restore it, any help would be greatly appreciated. I would post pictures but for some reason Lenovo Community won't let me.

Options

10 Posts

07-21-2020

US

11 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re:Bluetooth Capability not detected - Windows 10 - Thinkpad T430

2020-09-26, 19:32 PM

UPDATE: I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (using an install disc) to see if Bluetooth would work, but it still does not work. However, now Bluetooth does not show up in Device Manager at all (even when Show hidden devices is selected). When I try using Get Help to diagnose my problem, it also cannot recognize Bluetooth. It seems that for this entire computer, any semblance of Bluetooth functionality has been completely erased. This is very strange, especially that Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS. I am hoping that it is not a hardware issue, but rather a software issue. Any help would be great to solve this problem.

Options

375 Posts

06-26-2016

DE

939 Signins

11674 Page Views

• Views: 11674
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-09-27, 15:48 PM

try booting Linux and check if BT is detected and operational.  

https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Maybe the BT module has a problem and needs to be replaced

Options

10 Posts

07-21-2020

US

11 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-09-28, 3:26 AM

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I forgot to mention that I had also tried booting in Linux (Ubuntu) and there was also no Bluetooth functionality there. Yes, I feel as though something has happened to the Bluetooth Daughter Card which has damaged my Bluetooth capability. I hope there is a solution to my problem using software, but I am afraid that I might have to purchase a USB Bluetooth Adapter instead. Is there anything else I can do to potentially fix my problem (either with software or hardware)? Thanks for your help so far.

Options

1 Posts

10-17-2020

CA

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-10-17, 16:36 PM

I had the same problem.  I realized on my drivers has not been installed.  I updated the Missing driver for ACPI\LEN0078\5&2890D699&0 and the bluetooth icon appeard again.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete