04-20-2020

GR

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Brand new T495 minifreezes/lags

2020-04-20, 11:07 AM

Hello there, I've been experiencing some issues with my T495. It's been two weeks now and the issue remains some days more noticeable than others but still.

Imagine some 1 second freezes, where the cursor stops moving (kind of like lagging a bit). This has been observed while performing light tasks such as Ms Office apps and Spotify.

Some times music will produce the typical static crackling sound that comes with a stutter.

Now the laptop is functional but it feels as there is an underlying issue that could pop down the road.

The only way i've managed to reproduce consistently this lag is when i perform the lenovo memory diagnostic, where some lagging occurs at the start of the test every time without fault.

The support has not replied to my ticket yet, so any input is valuable right now. Needless to say, the experience from my first ever Thinkpad is kinda disappointing.

//I'm on windows, Bios version: R12ET50W1.20

Options

11 Posts

04-23-2017

US

8 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Brand new T495 minifreezes/lags

2020-09-05, 23:56 PM

I have the same issue.

Apparently this is common to the AMD Ryzen lineup of ThinkPads and is an issue that Lenovo is either unaware of, or utterly mute about.

I can say one thing, I will never purchase another AMD laptop again and would question purchasing a ThinkPad again if it weren't for how crappy the alternatives are out there.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete