02-20-2017

US

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 2

Can't get a sign in window

2020-10-10, 23:20 PM

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T460 that will not let me sign in. It powers up, I get a picture but there is no place to enter a password. I've tried rebooting but no change. I pulled the battery and let it sit for several minutes and no change.  HELP!

Options

8360 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77301 Signins

2194599 Page Views

• Views: 2194599
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Can't get a sign in window

2020-10-11, 4:08 AM

Hi,

Does the lock screen go blurry when you try to sign in? I have no idea if this applies to your model but I had a newer laptop do something similar.  The sign-in screen would go "blurry" but not offer a text input box.

I disabled the security chip in BIOS, rebooted and got a sign in box, then back to BIOS and re-enabled and all was fine after that.

There are also other suggestions on the interwebs.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete