08-05-2012

Georgia

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 1

Caps lock button acting very strange.

2012-08-05, 5:21 AM

I recently got a Lenovo T420 thinkpad. Everything has been great until earlier today I tried to log-in to buzzport ( a GT website) and when I hit the caps lock button all these weird things happened. Google Chrome went into full screen, and the "elements" thing came up. Im not sure exactly what it is, but it looks like some sort of HTML code for the website. oh and if it also enters the text "09" when caps lock is pressed. well anyways, now this happens everytime I press caps lock. I opened notepad and pressed caps lock. The result was "09" followed by an endless stream of 1's which continued until I pressed caps lock again. This is very strange and I couldn't find any information about this on google. I don't know what could have caused this, but its very frustrating because this is a brand new laptop. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

edit: so i've been playing with it, and im convinced that basically instead of just doing what caps lock does, it is pressing a series of other buttons as well including the 09, the 1's, and opening what i now know is called the elements pannel which normally opens with ctrl + shift + C. so in other words, for some reason pressing caps lock preses the buttons "09 ctrl + shift + C 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111" 

edit 2: ok it just got weirder. I fixed the problem...sort of. I started thinking about everything i have done differently today. I mean ive only had the lap top for a few days after all. tonight is the first night i used the mute button. i unmuted the laptop, and now everything is fine. if i mute, then caps lock acts weird again. I could just always go to zero volume rather than mute, but just as a curiosity, why is this happening? it makes no sense!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete