GE

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Cellular issue on T490s

2021-01-11, 18:15 PM

Hello Forum,

I have a T490s Notebook with Fibocom L830-EB GSM module in it which was working fine before I have upgraded OS to Win 10 2002 last year. After the online upgrade procedure there were several various issues on PC including sound problems and missing GSM device, so I wiped the system. That solved most of problems except the one with GSM. Module did not appear. After some web research I've made a conclusion that that might be an issue with OS along with other bugs 2002 release brought. I was hoping that 20H2 would solve that. Later then 20H2 released and was installed by online upgrade, issue still remained. Now I have fully reinstalled OS from clean image and fully upgraded till the latest patch version. I have reinstalled all drivers first by Lenovo online tool and later manually. But my cellular is still unavailable.      

It appears in device manager as Unknown USB Device, with description:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Could somebody suggest how can I solve that. Thank you!

Options

1935 Posts

08-02-2018

US

705 Signins

10716 Page Views

• Views: 10716
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Cellular issue on T490s

2021-01-12, 15:13 PM

Hi BigGoga!

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Can you send us a screenshot of the system information? You can get there by simply typing 'msinfo' on the search box right next to the windows icon. Make sure the OS version and the BIOS version is captured. Kindly include the firmware version of the Fibocom L830-EB GSM.

In the meantime, try updating the BIOS manually here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2juj29w.exe
If the issue persists, try uninstalling the unknown USB device and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-11-2021

GE

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Cellular issue on T490s

2021-01-12, 18:15 PM

Hello Jwes,

Thanks for responding!

I have captured and attached two screenshots. First includes system information as you requested and the other one is from Comp Management. As GSM module does not appear in system since OS upgrade, I can not include it in msinfo screen. As mentioned before it was working fine before upgrade. 

The BIOS upgrade tool said that the latest version is already installed and nothing needs to be upgraded. 

Please let me know if any other information may be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

@ Jwes_Lenovo wrote:

Hi BigGoga!

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Can you send us a screenshot of the system information? You can get there by simply typing '' on the search box right next to the windows icon. Make sure the OS version and the BIOS version is captured. Kindly include the firmware version of the Fibocom L830-EB GSM.

In the meantime, try updating the BIOS manually here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2juj29w.exe
If the issue persists, try uninstalling the unknown USB device and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms