Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-01-2015

Singapore

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 31 of 32

Re: Complain about Thinkpad T410 bad quality ! (Complaint Progress Updated)

2015-07-01, 23:16 PM

Updates:

This post was done 4 years ago. And after I sucessfully escalated this case to Lenovo high management team, Lenovo did replaced a new T420 for me in Feb 2012. 

But now after 3 years and 5 months, the new replaced Thinkpad T420 got issues again. The laptop suddenly cannot power on and cannot work. The day before it got spoiled, it was working fine, no special issues were found. Now the warranty has expired more than 2 years. I brought this laptop to Lenovo customer center, the engineer checked the laptop and simply told me that the main board got issues, need to change the main board, the cost will be around 1000 Singapore Dollars.

I was really shocked by this price, even the main board got issues, I did believe it can be repaired, why need to change the whole main board? Can you just fix the issuse where it is in the main board? Is this Lenovo's way to service customer? The laptop has been used for three years, do you think customer will pay 1000 SGD to change a main board?

I remembered three years ago when I communicated with Lenovo customer care, they are reall crazy and working in a totally unaccepted way! This is Lenovo.

And now I update the post here, just to reflect the facts and experience I have encountered with Lenovo. Honestly speaking, I will never purchase Lenovo product any more. Thinkpad brand was a golden brand in history and enjoyed very good reputation, but nowadays, everyone can see how Lenovo makes it worse and worse. And the way of Lenovo customer center working is really crazy, any issue happened on the main board, if you just change the whole main board in order to fix the issue, then Lenovo can close the customer center, this is no value to customer and also no value to your Lenovo!

Options

2 Posts

07-01-2015

Singapore

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 32 of 32

Re: Complain about Thinkpad T410 bad quality ! (Complaint Progress Updated)

2015-07-21, 22:31 PM

Last week, I brought my laptop back to China and ask a friend's help to repair it. And my friend open the laptop and take out the main board, found part of main board was eroded by humidity and dust resulting in the short circuit of some components. Then just replace few components, the laptop recoverred. 

Again, I would say Lenovo customer center is really crazy for money, the engineer from Singapore customer center told me that need to change the whole main board and cost is 1000 Singapore Dollars. My experience with Lenovo in these years told me, this kind of customer service is no value to customer and even meaningless to keep it any more.

Lenovo's product already brings many troubles to customer, then the customer center brings more and make it even worse!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms