Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-19-2011

Iran

33 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 2

Creating Recovery Disks & unable to restore my laptop to its factory settings

2011-11-19, 1:35 AM

j have a Thinkpad T410 . about 4 months ago i used paragon partiton manager because i wanted to create a drive with 400 Gigabyte and  i reduced drive c to 50  Gigabyte, and windows seven didnt allow me. after i did that i had trouble starting windows for 2 days and i still dont know how  i got it right.

now i want to restore my laptop to its factory settings. i have drive Q and i have the files in it. but i cant make the disks. it says "unable to find files for recovery media".

I did make a recovery disk before i used the paragon program but now it doesnt work either. so i want to have another one. what should i do? 

Options

315 Posts

02-21-2008

Singapore

577 Signins

3826 Page Views

• Views: 3826
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Creating Recovery Disks & unable to restore my laptop to its factory settings

2011-11-19, 2:32 AM

You are in trouble if you try to make drive C to 50G in the first place. Anyway if you still have Drive Q, there may be hope.

You will need to restore your laptop to the factory settings from the thinkvantage blue button. Before you do it, backup ALL the data that you have. Then reboot the laptop and press the Thinkvantage button, go through the restoration to factory settings.

After completed, you should use some cloning software like Norton Ghost or Acronis Home or even the default window 7, it has a great backup software build it. Backup and create an image of the system too. In the future, if you need to restore to factory standard, just use the cloned backup.

Another obscure way is to google or search in this forum, there is a settings that can changed the backupstate of lenovo form 1 to 0 which allows you to create another set of recovery discs. I have heard of it, some says it work, some don't

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms