Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

10-26-2011

Israel

28 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 1 of 5

Delayed boot time

2011-10-26, 9:29 AM

My T410s boots up quickly (I have an ssd drive), but then hangs on connecting to my wifi for about a minute or two, during which time the computer is not usable. This has happened in the past, but was fixed with a Lenovo patch, and now the problem has returned. It is especially problematic when I boot up the computer from a new location wherein I have not connected to the wifi previously.

Any suggestions?

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Delayed boot time

2011-11-11, 4:02 AM
hey DavidWS,

as you have mentioned the Lenovo patch did help, and the delay occurs when you try to connect to a different wifi spot...

is it safe to say the following

- unit connecting to Area A (first time) = delay
- unit connecting to Area B (first time) = delay
- unit connecting to Area A (second time) = no delay

btw, was any new software installed?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Options

273 Posts

01-24-2011

Columbus, OH

968 Signins

5012 Page Views

• Views: 5012
  • Message 3 of 5

2011-11-11, 14:23 PM
We have the same problems with bootup times as well.
I would suggest removing Access Connections and let the standard Intel software do the work.
Options

315 Posts

02-21-2008

Singapore

577 Signins

3826 Page Views

• Views: 3826
  • Message 4 of 5

2011-11-11, 16:51 PM

If it is post bootup connecting issue, then I remember a long time ago, reading about the window network trying to identify itself on the network. Hence it may not be the wifi card error, drivers or access connections. It has something to do with windows itself. Googling 'window slow to connect to network' came up with some suggestions of fixes, some working, some not.

One of the fastest way I found it to work is to reinstall my windows and hopefully the network is setup correctly. Before you do a full system overhaul, you may want to try a simpler way. Go to control panel and create a new user. when bootup, switch to the new user to see if the slow startup still occurs. Creating a new user sometimes create a new profile for all the network names,  domain names, IP address, cache and all that stuff....and it solve the problem.

If a new user works, you may just choose to shift all the data over and live with it because all installed programs would still work without much changes, only the personal data need to be shifted.

Options

27 Posts

10-26-2011

Israel

28 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 5 of 5

2011-11-14, 15:58 PM

Thanks for all the replies. An update came out last week and after I installed it, everything seems to be fine now. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms