Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

06-15-2009

Roswell, GA

36 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 1 of 1

Did Lenovo and Microsoft wrongly promote us to get involved in 64bit processing? Did they mess up?

2009-08-02, 13:13 PM

I have a "SUPER LENOVO", T500 with a 2.53 CPU, 4 GIGs of RAM, and the Vista Business 64bit OS. It now takes me much longer to get my work done than with my old notebooks. 

At times my Super Lenovo is no better no better than my old Compaq with a single 10 megabyte floppy disk, of 20 to 25 years

ago. My new T500 is my 3rd T Series notebook after a T42p (2647-84U) and a T22 (23P3095). Should this be my last???

I am learning that some of the drivers and programs that Lenovo and Microsoft automaticly cause me to download, per recommendations from them, are not set up for 64Bit machines. Many of this just cause conflicts. Yesterday I learned that Fingerprint reader is one of these. Yesterday I also removed ThinkVantage Access Comm and I now have some improvements.

Support is telling me to format and start all over again. I can not see how this will improve anything in the near term.

Can someone knowlegable tell me which drivers, software and applications I should either not install or remove from my T500 to reduce the number of conflicts I experience. Furthermore, are there any plans to effectively and correctly deal with the promoted 64bit machines? 

Loyal but questioning ThinkPad customer

Richard N. Kaufman
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms