Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

144 Posts

05-14-2014

Canada

100 Signins

969 Page Views

• Views: 969
  • Message 1 of 1

Docking issues with T480 and ThinkPad Ultra Docking station...

2020-12-10, 20:20 PM

Hey Lenovo Team,

One of our clients is having an issue when he undocks his T480 laptop (Model no. 20N2004KUS) from his ThinkPad Ultra Docking stations ( both 40AJ0135US).

He reports that when the laptop is removed from the dock while turned on, has to do a hard reset to get it to work again. 

When he tries to get the computer up an running, it was “froze/locked”. He could hear it making the whirring noise, and the following lights were on in the computer – power, F1 (mute), F4 (microphone). The screen was black, and there is nothing he could do to get it out of that state, except hold down the power button until it shuts it off, and then restarting. Same with his similar model of dock at home.

Workaround is for him to shut it down before removing from dock. Is this a normal thing to do that?

I ran all possible Lenovo updates, including a BIOS update and it is fully up-to-date and the issue is still not resolved. Firmware on the docking stations is newer than the one on the support site, so a docking station firmware update isn't possible.

I believe it is something to do with the laptop? Maybe needs a new system board? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)