US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Views: 803285
  • Message 31 of 77

Re: Drivers, T400 2768-AA6

2008-08-31, 17:07 PM

Bajpai wrote:

I don't think this is a place to seek official Lenovo support, for their are other mechanisms to do so.

You're right - it's not.  Yes, some Lenovo employees do read and post to this forum.  Mark is quite active, and several others post as well.  In addition, there are lurkers who just read without making public comments.

However, here are the expectations of their participation from the Welcome message:

These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel.

The bottom line is there's no guarantee that you will get an answer to a question here directly from Lenovo. 

On the other hand, you just might!  ;-)

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

20 Posts

09-01-2008

fort lauderdale,fl

27 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 32 of 77

2008-09-01, 4:48 AM

Hi,

I just received my t400 and the optical driver makes funny loud noises!!! Do you have the same issue? It makes that loud noises when I watch DVD.  I also have another question , i'm supposed to  be getting 160  GB and when I checked it only said a total of 137GB. I spoke to a technician , who was not very helpful at all. All he said was for me to go on line and find it on lenovo website. He told me that it will not display the 160 GB but that 137 GB sounded just about right. What the heck?? My second question is Where do i g0 to see if  my computer has 160 GB?

Options

5 Posts

09-01-2008

beijing

11 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 33 of 77

2008-09-01, 8:29 AM

I met the same problem with you.

How can i do? who can help me?

I need display card driver for vista 32bit or 64bit version~~

why cannot download it from lenovo website?!

Options

20 Posts

09-01-2008

fort lauderdale,fl

27 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 34 of 77

2008-09-01, 21:17 PM

hi,

sorry i don't know too much about computer. this is what i did with the optical drive. turn off the computer, flip  the computer, push the small lever (on the optical drive side) and it will pop out, put it back it, and i did the optical drive test and it said "write media test and rendered your DVD -R unusable " , tech.support said he will send me a new optical drive.

please call technical support for help , however, they were rude and sarcastic to me and i hope you don't run into same issue. The tech.support in USA is in Atlanta,Georgia. They have too much attitude unlike Dell's technician which is base in India. They were very helpful and polite.

This is my first Lenovo labtop and I'm a little disappointed with how I was treated.

Please call them for help because that's what they are there for, we give them our business and they supply the service, wheather the service is good or bad , well, that's all depend on that individual. Unfortunately, I ran into some bad apples. I apologize for not being able to help you out. Good luck.

Options

15 Posts

09-02-2008

Singapore

292 Signins

864 Page Views

• Views: 864
  • Message 35 of 77

2008-09-02, 13:54 PM

Lol, I didn't know that there are so many ppl out there who did clean install straight after they got their laptop.....

I somehow agree with several ppl in this thread, we can't put all the blame on lenovo..... But, I'm still quite disappointed by lenovo over T400's factory configuration, which I think could be better (especially the partitioning of the HDD). Anyway, I will share my first few experiences with my T400.

I also just got my T400 2768-AA6 2 wks ago, and after a numerous number of clean installs (8 to be precise), I finally got my T400 to do its job just great..... While most of the reformat attempts are actually my own fault (I was messing wif some new programs which apparently not vista-compatible; this is my first vista system), I pretty much solved most of the driver problems straight away, even before my 3rd reformat, mainly because I did what most ppl in this thread didn't do (I assume), which is INSPECTION.... I checked all the installed device, their driver version, installed apps (i.e. thinkvantage n such), and the contents of the drive. The SWTOOLS folder definitely caught my attention n I copied it over to an external HDD. I also checked the driver download page in the lenovo site, which at that time only had 4 entries for T400. Of course, I suspect they haven't fully uploaded all the drivers for T400, considering it's a brand new series.... The only driver I couldn't find was the 64-bit fingerprint reader driver (most of the drivers in the SWTOOLS folder is for 32-bit only). However, with a bit of help from google, I got it from lenovo japan website.... So, I think we cannot really put all the blame on lenovo because we are a bit careless and blindly reformat our hdd. Of course, lenovo is partly at fault too for not uploading all the drivers on the site by the time they release the T400, but it is also our own responsibility to be more cautious of our own actions. Lenovo would not really expect everyone to reformat their laptop as soon as they get their hands on it, right?

But still, I have some criticism for lenovo too. From what I've experienced, I feel that T400 was released prematurely, especially on the software side. What kind of sane person will partition their 320gb hdd in this weird combination: 6-278-14 gb? Also, why the heck is the 14gb partition is filled with some kind of lenovo showroom tools? The recovery partition, which is commonly hidden in other laptop brands, is also visible.... Why? Lastly, when I did a disk-to-disk recovery using the emergency mode from rescue and recovery, the system became messed up and I am forced to do recovery using the emergency dvd, which returns the system back to the original, weird hdd configuration. I don't know whether this weird config is only for T400 released in Singapore or not. Is there any1 who's having the same problem in other countries?

T400 is a powerful machine, but too bad it comes with poor support n apps... I hope lenovo will take this matter seriously and (I hope even more strongly) release a better recovery dvd.

PS: did any1 who did clean install managed to enable turbo memory? I read somewhere that if u install the latest intel driver, turbomemory won't work..... I used the latest driver from intel site.....

Options

134 Posts

01-02-2008

Pune, India

394 Signins

2933 Page Views

• Views: 2933
  • Message 36 of 77

2008-09-02, 14:16 PM
I too have installed the latest set of drivers from Intel site for turbo memory and they work better than the drivers at Lenovo site. However, because the drivers are not approved by Lenovo, we still need to take responsibility should they not work properly.
Sushil

35 Posts

09-02-2008

Singapore

1032 Signins

4369 Page Views

• Views: 4369
  • Message 37 of 77

2008-09-02, 15:38 PM

I have formatted the whole system to Vista x64 with no major issues. The most important part is to have a copy of the video drivers which cannot be found anywhere. However, after reformatting, I still cannot find the Roxio CD creator software bundled with the system. In addition, I become confused to whether Turbomemory was shipped with the system. I just cannot get it to install, and thus I presume that it didn't come with it in the first place.

The system image from the university is also very poorly built, with the service partitions not even hidden from sight.

Options

20 Posts

09-01-2008

fort lauderdale,fl

27 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 38 of 77

2008-09-02, 23:56 PM

hi,

what exactly do you mean by "clean install" i'm sort of new to all the comptuter language.

thanks

Options

3 Posts

09-03-2008

USA

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 39 of 77

T400 ATI video Driver issue

2008-09-03, 6:41 AM

I need the video driver for my new notebook. I just bought it today and clean installed my notebook and now I find that this driver is impossible to find via lenovo or anywhere for that matter...

SYSTEM: 2764CT

PART: 42X6315  SBB AMD M82XT HYBRID 256MB AKA ati 3470

This video driver is impossible to find and not offered anywhere... I have tried related drivers and still had no luck. Lenovo does not offer this driver for download for whatever reason.. Which I find extremely annoying considering I just paid 1300$ for this notebook and I can't even get a driver with it...

Yes I know the drivers come pre-formated on the hard drive.. But once again.. No thanks to having my hard drive formated just so lenovo can save a few bucks instead of burning me a DVD with my drivers...

Normally I'm not so rude but after spending the last 5 hours tonight on a brandnew notebook with no video driver yea....

Options

3 Posts

09-03-2008

USA

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 40 of 77

2008-09-03, 7:02 AM

I am NEVER going to recommend lenovo to any of our customers... One of our customers right now has the same issue with this video driver and can not obtain it and unlike HP or any other major manufacture lenovo does not even have Live online chat support.....

I always said going things about lenovo but after seeing the huge LACK of tech support they have... never again.. Theres not even an Email to get tech support... Only a phone number thats closed more then half the day...

Honestly how hard is it to take a DRIVER you already have and load these notebooks with EVERYDAY and just slap it online on your website so anyone can get it as needed ??? Yea that must be complicated I bet WOW!!! And forget the BS about testing it and what not, are you implying that the driver you bundle with all these notebooks is not tested and approved? is so thats even worse..

Pop your **bleep** CD or Image you have for these notebooks in your pc and UPLOAD the file to your website for the love of god

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete