Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

02-28-2021

Isle of Man

14 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 1 of 2

Failed to update BIOS 1.32 on T14 AMD

2021-06-04, 10:35 AM

Hi,

This morning I checked LVFS as usually and the long awaited BIOS 1.32 update shown. I downloaded it, rebooted system and after passing boot screen with Lenovo logo nothing happened, just a message on the left corner saying "Reset system" and then a black screen. For a few minutes I was scared to death thinking my system was bricked so I pressed power button with fingers crossed and hopefully I could boot to Linux...

I checked fwupdmgr again and it showed that the update was not applied. I thought that maybe the update needs the laptop plugged to the AC charger. Normally I have mine plugged to the monitor through USB-C, that also delivers power, but who knows. So I gave it another try but this time connected to the charger and the result was the same.

I've just uploaded a report to LVFS that hopefully can help debug what is going on. During the aborted update I was prompted to enter HDD password (as usual) and then happened the message. Maybe I have to temporary disable this password. Can I do so without having to re-encrypt the drive once again?

Options

1 Posts

06-05-2021

Australia

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Failed to update BIOS 1.32 on T14 AMD

2021-06-05, 11:42 AM
Same here. Tried upgrading the firmware to 1.32 on my T14 AMD running Fedora 34 using both the Fedora Software and fwupdmgr but after each reboot, I still see the update showing up as if it was not installed.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)