Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

11-10-2014

Budapest

18 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 1 of 8

Fingerprint and bluetooth not available

2021-04-15, 21:27 PM

Dear Team,

I have a T530 with Windows 7 Pro.

I have had my bluetooth device dissapearing from my Laptop for a while, tried uninstalling, installing the software multiple times, but it didn't help and I didn't bother neither.

However today I had an update coming in after shut down and after the restart my fingerprint reader stopped working. Tried unistall - install driver, but didn't help. It says that the sensor is not available and I shall connect it... This one is much more important then the bluetooth, but I thought I mention that one too, you may have a solution.

They are both not shown in device manager neither.

Any help appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Zoltan

Options

4822 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

869 Signins

24777 Page Views

• Views: 24777
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Fingerprint and bluetooth not available

2021-04-15, 21:49 PM

Hi csolioli88!

Welcome to community forums

Can you try reinstalling the Bluetooth driver and the Fingerprint reader from the support site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t530/downloads/driver-list

Include the BIOS and Chipset driver update as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

21 Posts

11-10-2014

Budapest

18 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-15, 22:13 PM

Hi Jwes,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

This is the site from where I've downloaded the drivers, it doesn't work. Though, I have to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean with "include BIOS and chipset".

I have run an auto update and found only 1 BIOS update, however I since my battery is 0% and I only use direct power supply, the system doesn't let me install... Is there a workaround? Do you think this would solve the problem?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Options

21 Posts

11-10-2014

Budapest

18 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-04-15, 22:20 PM

One more thing: I remember this BIOS update was there a few months back too, I had the same issue that I couldn't install due to weak battery, however the fingerprint had no issue until today...

Options

4822 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

869 Signins

24777 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-04-16, 10:15 AM

The battery needs to be charged at least 30% to be able to install the firmware or BIOS update.

You need to choose the OS as Windows 7 64 bit on the link provided and manually install it. Please refer to the photo below.

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

21 Posts

11-10-2014

Budapest

18 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-04-16, 10:25 AM
Thanks Jwes, if you confirm this will solve the problem, I'll get a new battery. I'm just sceptical, because so far the fingerprint was working perfectly without the BIOS update and no other updates are missing. The fingerprint and blueetotth drivers are up to date, latest versions installed already.
Options

21 Posts

11-10-2014

Budapest

18 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-04-16, 17:44 PM

Hi Again,

I have updated the BIOS and all other components you've mentioned.

I have removed and reinstalled the fingerprint driver as indicated, but the system doesn't find the sensor still (see screenshot).

Also, now I have two fingerprint softwares... Not sure how I ended up with this. (see also on the screenshot)

The bluetooth is still not showing the device manager, when I try to install driver the message is that the there's no Bluetooth device on my PC.

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot,

Z

Options

4822 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

869 Signins

24777 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-04-16, 18:05 PM

It is part of the troubleshooting steps and a possible solution. If the issue is the same, I suggest you try resetting the unit to factory default. Back up your files before proceeding.

If the issue is still the same after the reset, bring it to any of our authorized repair centers near your area to have it checked. You can find the list here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/hu/hu/partnerlocator

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms