3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

How to enter BIOS on ThinkPad T510i?

2020-04-05, 10:57 AM

Hi All,

I need your help please.

I wanted to turn on some diagnostics in BIOS of my ThinkPad T510i.

I entered BIOS using blue ThinkVantage button during LENOVO logo displayed, changed some things (do not remember exactly, wanted to get some info about RAM installed) and quit.

Now, I can't get back to BIOS.

When laptop is starting up, there is some diagnostic displayed for a very, very short period of time. I can read it only when I manage to press Pause button quickly enough.

The bottom line says: "To interrupt normal startup press the blue ThinkVantage button".

But it does not work. Or I am not fast enough.

I tried also pressing other buttons, found somewhere on the net (F1, F2, Enter, Delete) but with no luck as well.

After this screen I get Intel Boot Agent started, but the only option there (I get there with Ctrl+S) is changing how long starting message is displayed.

I tried to perform BIOS update with BIOS update utility for Windows found on https://download.lenovo.com/eol/.

It did not help neither.

I am not able to use BIOS Update Bootable CD because I can't get into BIOS to change boot sequence.

Can you please help me? How can I get back to previous startup screen? How can I enter BIOS?

I run out of ideas.

Regards,

Marek

Options

11608 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39915 Signins

419419 Page Views

• Views: 419419
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:How to enter BIOS on ThinkPad T510i?

2020-04-05, 15:15 PM

It sounds like a Windows "Fast Startup" issue.  The next time you shutdown, hold the shift key during the process to force a full shutdown.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

04-05-2020

PL

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:How to enter BIOS on ThinkPad T510i?

2020-04-06, 8:47 AM
It did not help. But, I finally managed to get into BIOS using F1. I have do idea how but it worked. After several exactly the same attempts. I change Boot option and memory test back to default and I can see normal Lenovo logo when laptop is starting. Without this annoying Intel Boot Agent. Regards, stay safe!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms