Options

3 Posts

07-09-2019

US

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

If I take SSD installed with Win 10 from T470 & put in T530 will the T530 work?

2019-07-09, 3:46 AM

Hi

My T530 will not boot properly. I think that there is some software glitch on my T530 hard drive stopping it booting. It was installed with Windows 10. I tried all the blue screen functions including refresh whilst maintaining files. None worked.

I also have a T470 with Windows 10 installed.

I would like to download the files from the T530 hard drive before reinstalling Windows 10. I do not have an external hard drive caddy and would rather not have the expense of buying one - otherwise I would just put the drive in that and copy the files.

I would like to put the SSD hard drive from the T470 into the main bay of the T530 to see whether it all works ok and if so to put the the old hard drive from the T530 in a caddy in the ultrabay to get the files off it, before then reinstalling it using a system image on a portable hard drive. 

Will this scheme work? Can I take the hard drive from the T470 and put it in the T530 and expect the T530 to function? Can I do any damage thereby?

Thanks for your help

Dan

Options

283 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: If I take SSD installed with Win 10 from T470 & put in T530 will the T530 work?

2019-09-21, 5:51 AM

Hi Philosopherdan,

Thanks for reaching us in our community forums.

We cannot guarantee if the machine will work properly using a different hard drive as the drivers installed are different from each machine. Let us know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete