06-07-2015

Germany

4 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 3

Intel SATA AHCI (IAStorA) Driver hangs under Windows 10

2015-06-07, 7:33 AM

On my Thinkpad T450S, running Windows 10 build 10130, I experience random hangs e.g. when opening Chrome (mouse cursor is unresponsive for several senconds). Sometimes even Windows is hanging completely for serveral seconds (i.e. the taskbar is not responsive anymore). My SSD is an Intel SSDSC2BF360A5L (360GB).

When the hangs occur, the windows event log lists the following error:

iaStorA: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

storahci: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

disk: The IO operation at logical block address 0x6df090 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000036) was retried.

I have installed the Intel SATA AHCI Driver 13.5.0.1056 from Lenovo Support site (Windows 8.1 version). When using the Intel driver, the eventlog lists the previously mentioned iaStorA problem. I also tried to use the builtin Microsoft SATA AHCI driver, then the storahci error is recorded in the eventlog.

I also disabled PCI Express Link State Power Management in the Power Plan Options and also set AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM to "Active", which basically disables it. I also disabled Link Power Management in Intel RST Tool, also with no effect. 

Also, I tried to uninstall the Lenovo Power Management driver (thought it might be conflicting with Windows Link Power Management settings), but without any success either. 

Does anyone has similar problems under Win 10?

Options

65 Posts

04-27-2013

Greece

175 Signins

779 Page Views

• Views: 779
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Intel SATA AHCI (IAStorA) Driver hangs under Windows 10

2015-06-07, 9:12 AM

I had a similar problem in Windows7 x64, you can check it out here.

It almost certainly is an AHCI driver issue.

I got the same iastor errors, but I had not tried the built-in ahci drivers. The version Lenovo issued via System Update was not good for me.

I tried these intel drivers for AHCI and the problem was resolved; no more hanging/freezing...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23538/AHCI-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Options

3 Posts

06-07-2015

Germany

4 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Intel SATA AHCI (IAStorA) Driver hangs under Windows 10

2015-06-07, 9:24 AM

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately though the driver you provided is not compatible for the Series 9 SATA AHCI controller. I have also tried the driver from Windows Update (which is newer than the Lenovo driver), but that one does not work either.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms