07-20-2015

Seattle, WA

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Lag / Slowness randomly throughout day with dual external monitors

2015-08-20, 15:41 PM

I have a T540P used with a ProDock and 2 external monitors. The monitors are HP 24", and using the DVI and VGA ports. Laptop is closed when using the monitors, with USB keyboard and mouse attached as well. The laptop has 4 gb RAM, and an i5 2.6 GHz processor, running Windows 8.1.

Seemingly randomly over the course of the day, the computer will slow down to speeds that make working almost completely impossible. The mouse lags and jumps all over the screen, moving windows around does the same thing. Opening up process monitor shows completely normal usage, except for one thing: Writes to the C drive. They spike pretty hard when these lags hit, as far as I can tell. I'm not running anything strenuous, this happens even when I simply have a web browser going, and that's it. 

Did some research around the forums and I've tried updating the firmware on the dock, which did not help. When you take the laptop off the dock, the issues definitely decrease, but there is still a noticeable lag. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hard drive, as evidenced by the C write spikes, or a display driver issue, or something else entirely.

Anyone experience something like this?

Options

2 Posts

08-11-2020

Slovenia

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lag / Slowness randomly throughout day with dual external monitors

2020-12-29, 8:38 AM

Yes I have the same issue on T590 +  ULTRA DOCK 40AJ.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms