Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-16-2020

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Laptop dosent turn on

2021-04-09, 16:01 PM

Hello, 

I am using Lenovo G50-80, laptop had heating issue, so I had opened the laptop and cleaned the heat sink fan and also the ram. After cleaning the laptop doesn't turn on. The power just turns on and off once. 

I have tried removing the battery and powering directly using the charger but doesn't turn on. But the power led turns on and off once.

Any suggestions would be great help

Regards,

Gourav

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

4158 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

257 Signins

23178 Page Views

• Views: 23178
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Laptop dosent turn on

2021-04-13, 16:27 PM

Hello GouravH,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It may be a problem with the power source or with the battery. Hence, I might suggest to try isolating the issue first by following the troubleshooting steps below.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine. You may try to charge the machine for one hour initially.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up.

Let us know if your machine will remain in an off state.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms