Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-06-2018

Denmark

14 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo T420s wont boot (including not entering bios) after having installed win10

2018-02-06, 5:06 AM

I seem to have a very weird problem with my laptop, I am normally a linux user, and have due to work been needing win10.  I decided to install win10 on a second internal ssd by unmounting the cd , and mount a caddy with space for another ssd. I removed my linux ssd, before I installed windows, so no os would be able to interrupts the installation procedure, or atleast interfere with it. After completing the installation, I have been unable to turn on my laptop, the only response i see is the power led blinking twice, and thats it.  The weird part here is,  if I leave it for a couple of days, uncharged and with the batteries out, it will either startup by itself, or start up when I press the power button.  

And then go back to the previous state, when I turn it off. 

It should be noted that I have previously done this, with no problems.. So this is a bit weird for me. 

Options

3 Posts

02-06-2018

Denmark

14 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo T420s wont boot (including not entering bios) after having installed win10

2018-02-08, 16:11 PM
(update)

So I tried to install it on a virtual driver using vmware, which complained that I did not have virtualisation enabled, which I then enabled in bios. in the same I saved the option and exited bios, my computer went black. back to the previous state in which i could not boot it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms