09-06-2020

GB

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo T460 going crazy!

2020-09-06, 20:05 PM

I've had my Lenovo T460 for quite a few years now and it's had its fair share of problems (From 100% Ram usage at all times to Google chrome sucking the life out of my machine) but the problems have gone as fast as they came and rarely came back. Now I'm having a problem that's affecting the whole system and It is becoming impossible to use. I KNOW 8GB of RAM is more than enough for 3 tabs of chrome open but my system thinks otherwise. It runs at 80-90% RAM Usage and 50-60% CPU Usage. I can't count how many times I've ran a defender or malware antibytes scan to see if a virus was leeching of my machine. Recently I ran a System Diagnostics and it came back with shocking results (Picture attatched). I know a i5-6300U is perfectly fine for chrome usage but my system is acting up. First, the system would run UNBELIEVABLY slow if I opened Chrome and that led me to believe a virus was installed but there was nothing. I spent 3 days manually checking everywhere and 1 day running anti-virus but nothing came up. Then Windows Media Player would tell me that my video card (Specs attatched) encountered a problem if I opened a 2GB video (45 minutes long). Then directly after it did that the whole screen would go black and the mouse pointer would disappear and then reappear. I've ran RAM diagnostics which came back fine and I've scanned the 128GB SSD for any problems but nothing came up. I hope somebody can help me because I love my Lenovo machine but if these problems persist then I'll be leaving the Lenovo platform for good (Its caused me too much headache).

Options

66 Posts

01-19-2020

CH

66 Signins

1070 Page Views

• Views: 1070
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo T460 going crazy!

2020-09-07, 13:27 PM

Hello, 

You are right, your system should be perfectly ok for a confortable browsing with chrome (or other Browser) and mutch more.. 

For me ther is 2 options... 

1- You try ton find the module or program that make your thinkpad going bad ....this could be very a very time consuming task...

2-You can make a Backup and proceed to a clean W10 install (if it is your OS) So making a backup is time consuming too .. but it is safe .. and my experience let me think your luck to fing a nice Laptop after this is mutch higher than searching an uninstall a lots or tools and programs.

good luck.. keep us in touch .. 

T40P, T43, T60, T410, T420S, T450S, T480 ... Always Thinkpad
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete