01-11-2019

US

12 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo T560 update to windows 10 version 1809 browsing problems

2019-02-18, 2:53 AM

Hello all! I am having some problems specifically with internet browsing of all things after updating Windows 10 pro to version 1809 that just came out. And I’m only having this issue on the Lenovo T560. I have two other laptops in the house. One an HP spectre x360 with windows 10 pro version 1809 with Firefox 65 and Edge. Both Firefox and Edge on it blazing fast. Another HP crap laptop that was like $275 new in 2012 that was my grandmothers, running windows 7 pro, with Firefox 65, and IE with an AMD 1.6Ghz and 3GB of RAM and just as fast on the web as the Lenovo T560 that I have with 12GB of RAM with a new Crucial 250GB SSD with 188GB of free space. I updated all drivers, bios, etc. Looked for settings. I’m at a loss. I open up Firefox and it’s just a white screen for like 10 seconds then the page loads SLOW, and opening a blank tab takes a little bit like it’s frozen for a second and then pops. I’ve run in safe mode. Completely uninstalled. Installed an older version. But the slowness is happening on Microsoft Edge too. When I downloaded files like drivers it was telling me that windows defender scanner couldn’t detect the file and asked if I wanted to run anyway. I’ve never seen that before so I updated settings there and it still happened. I don’t know if something was triggered because it’s a refurbished business laptop that I purchased for home use for my grandmother. But with what’s in it, a 6th generation i5-6200u, 12GB RAM, new 250GB SSD. Just surfing the web shouldn’t be like this. And before this update to windows 10 version 1809 it was just fine with only 4GB of RAM and an HDD. It’s not my network which I’ve checked and all my other computers work fine. Hours wasted lol ??. Help please!! 

Options

7 Posts

01-11-2019

US

12 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo T560 update to windows 10 version 1809 browsing problems

2019-02-27, 19:40 PM

So I thought I’d reply to my own thread since I didn’t have any biters. I hadn’t touched the pc since I posted this bc I wasn’t in the mood to go back and troubleshoot for hours. So I go back today and it loads fine ?. I check windows 10 download history and version 1809 has been removed in off hours updates automatically, hmmm again bc none of my other PCs have done this. So I go back to updates and 1809 is there again to be downloaded, this time only with a security patch. I downloaded it and no problems. I have no idea why this is the only computer out of my 3 that first off took so long to have windows update to version 1809 and the only one to uninstall it in off hours updates and have me reinstall it with a security patch. Gotta love windows 10! ??‍♂️ Ugh! Worst windows for the basic user like my grandmother. ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete