United States of America

65 Signins

401 Page Views

• Views: 401
  • Message 1 of 2

Meaning of EasyServ message

2014-02-21, 0:29 AM

Hello everyone,

A while back I bought a used T410 for my wife (the screen on her T60 finally gave up, although the machine is still going strong, and we use it with an external monitor). The T410 was still under warranty when I bought it. It  was having some problems when playing movies (sudden shutdowns), one of the USB ports worked intermittently or seemed underpowered when used with an external drive, and the FP reader hadn't worked for a while (although I didn't pay attention to the FPR too much, since she didn't use it, so...).

Long story short, the warranty will expire in a under three months, so I decided to have it looked at. I called Lenovo and the service over the phone was great as usual. I shipped the T410 to Memphis, and according to the repair status on the EasyServ website, they have shipped it back.

I have yet to receive it, but the on the website, where the defective or serviced part should be, there are two question marks.  I don't want to call and take up their time unless I am not happy with the repairs. However, I am just curious. Does this mean anything? What was wrong with it? 

My experience with easyserve has almost always been positive, so I am not worried, but I don't remember seeing that kind of message in the past (I own a X61, X200, T60, T410, and Tablet 2, and I have sent two of them for rapairs on four different occasions total).  Any input is welcome. Thanks.

X230
x200
T410
X240
TP Tablet 2

Options

58 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

65 Signins

401 Page Views

• Views: 401
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Meaning of EasyServ message

2014-02-21, 17:18 PM

I just wanted to give an update to this unimportant topic. I received the t410 back, and all is well. There was a service report with the computer, which spelled out everything they did. This, however, was not reflected on the repair status page. 

As I said, I was jsut curious. 

X230
x200
T410
X240
TP Tablet 2

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms