Options

32 Posts

06-08-2018

US

27 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 1 of 2

Multiple Thunderbolt3 Docks - Is a pre-configured ACL possible?

2018-09-05, 3:16 AM

We have an office space with a bunch of TB3 docking stations. Remote folks visiting the office go to this room to have a space to work; everyone has a T480 (Windows 10). We have two issues:

1. The user needs to be an administrator to approve a dock. We don't want to eliminate this feature; however, it would be nice if the user could approve on their own without help from our service desk. I found this from a random website (seems to be showing an HP UEFI/BIOS) but haven't tried it yet:

https://bit.ly/2wGAmGV

If that link doesn't work, google "thunderbolt3 administrator windows registry" and take the first result for Deployment research - looks like you can uninstall the drivers, add this key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ThunderboltService\TbtServiceSettings 
"ApprovalLevel"=dword:00000001 
and then install the drivers. Would like to see an official Lenovo stance on this.

I realize this perhaps undermines the security to a certain extent but it would be a nice middle ground.

2. Is it possible to "deploy" the handful of docking stations we have to our remote users' machines? In other words, whatever the TB app does to approve and (I'm guessing) write to the registry or ACL, can we just manaully configure/deploy that to our remote laptops so when they come in, we don't have to deal with setting them up with assigned seats or having to enter the local admin password a million times?

Thanks!

EDIT: spelling and error correction

Options

1 Posts

01-18-2019

SE

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Multiple Thunderbolt3 Docks - Is a pre-configured ACL possible?

2019-01-18, 8:56 AM

Hi,

Have you found any solution on this yet? We have the same problem.

Best regards
Christoffer 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete