Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

12-07-2008

USA

229 Signins

912 Page Views

• Views: 912
  • Message 1 of 2

New T400: Upgrade WWAN with AT&T promotion?

2008-12-12, 20:00 PM

I ordered a T400 2764CTO on 12/2 and it was shipped yesterday evening.  I just found out, however, that the mobile broadband card option, offered for $30 (with the $50 rebate) in conjuction with AT&T, would have also have given me standalone GPS capability.  I do have a machine that is upgradeable to WWAN (which seems to mean that the antennaes are installed), but I am kicking myself for not going the extra bit during the configuration process!  Has anyone else looked into doing an upgrade to get the F3507g card AFTER having already had the computer shipped?  The price on the shoplenovo site is $170, which is quite a dramatic difference.  I can't justify spending that much but now I am wondering if Lenovo would send the card for me to install if I signed up with AT&T?  I see in the terms that I could try the service free for 30 days and, if I decided it wasn't worth it to me, cancel in that time with no penalties.  There doesn't seem to be a downside (other than potential activation fees) and it would still be possible to use the GPS without being connected to the AT&T network.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments?  Or commiseration? :smileysad:

Message Edited by gorillawatcher on 12-12-2008 02:09 PM
Options

7 Posts

12-17-2008

San Diego, CA, USA

22 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New T400: Upgrade WWAN with AT&T promotion?

2008-12-19, 19:32 PM

gorrilla-

Did you find a solution; I'm in the same situation.  I just receievd an SL400 w/out the WWAN card, but the Ericsson card is $170 from Lenovo and +/- same from various 3rd parties. From what I know, the 30 day option for AT&T is only in new shipped units.  Wish I had spent the extra $30.

Let me know what you find out, if anything encouraging.

Thanks,

P

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms