Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-25-2008

Poland

18 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 2

Partitioning problem in T500

2008-10-27, 11:32 AM

Hi,

one week ago I received new T500. I've tried to divide disk into 3 partitions and I managed to do that with GParted LiveCD. Windows XP worked fine after that. Then I made BIOS update with ThinkVantage System Update. After that (I'm not sure that is because of BIOS update) when I boot GParted it shows that my disk is Unallocated space, but windows is booting normally...

I wouldn't bother I not the fact that I have to install Linux on my T500, and installer doesn't see any of my partitions...

What can I do to make it work properly?

I can even wipe out my hard drive if you tell me that it will work for 100%...

Answer
Options

7 Posts

10-25-2008

Poland

18 Signins

72 Page Views

Re: Partitioning problem in T500

2008-10-28, 20:40 PM
Finally I've made it!! Here is how I made it: I went to BIOS, changed SATA options from AHCI to Compatybility mode. Then I lunched Windows XP installer - whipe out ALL partitions, created new partitions using Windows installer. After that I had no problem with Acronis Disk Director, installing linux on my t500 or any other problems. I hope that will help somebody. 

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

7 Posts

10-25-2008

Poland

18 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Partitioning problem in T500

2008-10-28, 20:40 PM
Finally I've made it!! Here is how I made it: I went to BIOS, changed SATA options from AHCI to Compatybility mode. Then I lunched Windows XP installer - whipe out ALL partitions, created new partitions using Windows installer. After that I had no problem with Acronis Disk Director, installing linux on my t500 or any other problems. I hope that will help somebody. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms