Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-15-2008

saint paul minnesota

12 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 4

SATA BIOS setting in AHCI blue screening XP image process

2008-10-15, 21:25 PM

I am attempting to get my image process for the company I work at to work on a T400 and W500. Every time I try to image the machine with XP it blue screens the machine after first reboot, which is right before sysprep mini setup. If I change the SATA setting in the BIOS from AHCI to Compatability it will boot just fine and run through sysprep mini setup.

I have tried everything with the Intel mass storage drivers. I have them on the image before I sysprep it and their locations are listed in the mass storage section of my sysprep.inf file. I've even placed the location of these files in the OEMPnPDriversPath line of the sysprep.inf file. No matter what I do, if the machine's BIOS is set to AHCI it blue screens.

Has anyone ran into this issue? Can anyone please help out if they have, and let me know what it is you did to get past it? I'm completely out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: SATA BIOS setting in AHCI blue screening XP image process

2008-10-15, 21:56 PM

go here, then scroll down to the windows XP instructions.   it will walk you through installing the driver and returning to AHCI mode.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

7 Posts

10-15-2008

saint paul minnesota

12 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 3 of 4

2008-10-16, 15:28 PM

Erik....thanks for the information. I looked into this and am trying to place it into my image process. I ran it on one machine and it seems to do what I want it to. The problem is that manualy the BIOS setting needs to be changed from AHCI to Compatibility. I will be imaging more than 2000 machines with this process, so needless to say manually doing this is not my best option.

I ran the Install.cmd on my image and am going to SysPrep it. I will then place it into my image process to see if it works. Hopefully it will without me having to change anything in the BIOS. I will post back what happens here when I find out.

Once again....thanks.

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-10-16, 15:50 PM

ahh... i didn't realize you were trying to image so many machines.

what are you using to create the master image, nlite?   it has an option for autoloading drivers at the F6 prompt, which should work for inserting the matrix storage driver.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms